Xml
Item Posts   

2000 Acura TL Code P1399

| 
gbelin gbelin
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/31/08
02:44 AM

I have 2000 Acura TL 3.2 with a code P1399, says ignition misfire. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if you replaced all coils and fixed the problem. I didn't want to replace all if it doesn't fix the problem? Smells like the fuel mixture is lean as well. Could it be a EGR or O2 sensor?  

waynep712 waynep712
Enthusiast | Posts: 652 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/31/08
06:41 PM

i just googled this...obd2 code p1399

it is a random misfire code...

seems there are several things that could cause this...

clogged egr passages.... valves out of adjustment, needs new spark plugs...

if it has a single cylinder misfire code.. i would look at the coils... but...

might be a good idea to drop in new plugs.. with antiseize on the threads...  while the coils are out to do that... examine them carefully.. see if there are any places that high voltage could be leaking from the sides..  they do burn through on some cars....

and use some dielectric tune up grease on the inside of the rubber boot on the end of the coil to stop the high voltage from leaking out there...

if you do have a coil burned through... try cleaning it and  applying a thin coat of clear silicone sealer to the burned area... this will seal in the high voltage for a little while just for testing...  

autoteam autoteam
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/03/09
06:57 PM

I JUST JOIN, AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. P1399 AND #2#5#6
I EVEN HAVE A CRANK POSITION SENSER CODE TOO.
REPLACE CRANK SENSOR, NO FIX. REPLACE 3 COILS STILL NO FIX. CHECK EGR OK. SMOKE TEST FOR VACUUM LEAKS OK. CAN IT BE TIMING BELT OFF 0NE TOOTH? OR CAM SENSOR BAD THROW OFF THE PULSE ON INJECTORS?
CAN ANYONE HELP?  

wfpowell wfpowell
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/24/09
10:18 AM

I have a 2000 acura with 3.5 engine that had a fireing problem and replaced the crank sensor and fixed the problem.  then replaced the timmong belt and still run fine.  after driving some miles the engine lost fire on the back 2 cylinders.  i have fire going to the coils but no fire comming out to the plugh on these 2 cylinders. does anyone have a solution?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Acura TL
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating:
Excellent Excellent

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com