Xml
Item Posts   

durango brake noise

| 
ranger-jim ranger-jim
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/23/08
05:22 PM

I have a '06 durango 4x4 that has a howling noise coming from the front brakes when driving. This is not the squeal you get when the brakes are worn. When I step on the brake pedal it goes away. Could this be a piston problem in the caliper or?

thanks  

jgate-#002 jgate-#002
Guru | Posts: 953 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 08/23/08
05:36 PM

A howling noise usually means a bad wheel bearing.  

diy_dad diy_dad
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 09/09/08
10:11 AM

Hey
Saw this site on another forum    http://repairpal.com/estimator    punched in your info and it said:About this Repair: Front Wheel Bearing Replacement for your 2006 Dodge Durango
What to watch out for

* The parts for the Front Wheel Bearing Replacement service on your Dodge Durango tend to have a wide range in prices, even for parts of similar quality. You may benefit from checking around to compare the prices at different shops.

Recommendations

All related wheel bearing seals should also be replaced.

Why this happens

Failing wheel bearings can cause a "rumbling" noise while turning and while driving at speeds greater than 15 miles an hour.

Wheel bearings need to be replaced if they are found to be worn or leaking during related repairs or inspections.  

formula400ss formula400ss
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/13/09
08:01 AM

Did you ever figure out what this problem was?  I am having the same problem with my 06 Durango.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Dodge Durango
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
Poor Poor

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com