2008 Honda Civic Back Pain

| 
Joshua5995 Joshua5995
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/27/08
05:01 AM

Hello,

I am new to this site and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions:

I just bought a brand new 2008 Honda Civic LX and after driving it for only a day, I have notice a lower back pain after getting out of the car. So far, I do not feel it while driving. I have NEVER had a history of back pain in my life. Is this something that will eventually go away as the car gets "broken into", or is it something with my personal adjustments on the seat (which I am still tinkering with through being very picky).

My old car never had the height adjustment feature, and I have always put other cars at the lowest possible (because I am short and feel uncomfortable if its too high). Im wondering if I tinkered with that too much and because it might be set too high, its causing my pain.

any ideas would help...I know that everyone's preference is different on comfort for driving and Im just hoping that eventually (2 or 3 days), I'll just hop in it and it will fit like a glove.

thank you,

Joshua  

bodykits00 bodykits00
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/03/08
10:51 PM

Shocked this is weird! I also experience the same thing! I thought I was just having the same lower back pain as I get when I am stressed out at work. I just realized now that it could be because of my driving!  

rollsafe rollsafe
User | Posts: 213 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/18/08
11:31 PM

Even i was having the same problem,...but now a days i'm using the cushions to avoid this circumstances..really  2008 Honda Civic Lx seat comfortablity is not that much worth full..as compared to the price

used-auto-transmissions  

cardriver14 cardriver14
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/18/09
09:38 AM

i EXPERIENDED THE DAME THING - i DRIVE AND WITHIN 15 MINUTES MY RIGHT DRIVING LEG AND BUTTOCK PAIN GO NUMB AND PAINFUL - i TRIED MY SISTERS CAR AND IT DID NOT OCCUR. IT DID NOT HAPPEN WITH PREVIOUS HONDA'S.
I tried to return it within 48 hours and the dealer said he never heard of this before. I have friends having the same problem with 2008 and 2009 honda's - they short seated teh seat. Iam a physical therapist and find it to be incorrectly fitting - no thigh support and the angle makes too much pressure on the base of the spine. My patients with 2008 toyotas are having the same thing,
I am now stuck with a car and not able to return and get my money back.
I consulted a lawyer who says only if there were a class action lawsuit could he help.
I am so disappointed I was a loyal honda customer - after I can sell this one I no longer will buy one.  

hondadriveroh hondadriveroh
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/26/09
05:42 PM

I bought an 09 Civic EX-L sedan last weekend, and I am having the same back pain problems.  The driver's seat is not comfortable at all.  I would recommend a long test drive for anyone interested in purchasing this otherwise fine car.  I drove an 04 CRV which was great.  I am disappointed with this new Honda.  

heejoman heejoman
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/15/09
09:15 AM

To all, what is the latest on your status?

I am also a big Honda fan.  I went to get a great deal on the 2009 Civic.

I liked just about everything about the car except, like you all said there was no support on the lower back area, resulting in lower back pain.  It took less than 30 seconds for me to feel the pain coming on.

When you guys get a chance, please let me know the status.  I hate to buy a car knowing it will hurt my back.  I guess I can get a cushion but what about my passenger?  Especailly on a long drive?  At this point, it doesn't make sense for me to purchase this car.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Honda Civic
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Coupe, Sedan
Rating:
Above Average Above Average

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com