Xml
Item Posts   

2002 Chevy Impala Change Oil Light

| 
halvo2008 halvo2008
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/15/08
03:32 PM

I have 2002 Chevy Impala. Since I purchased the car, started to change the oil myself. The question is how to reset the change engine oil light on the dash, that comes when I first turn on the ignition and after 10-15 minutes of driving it goes away.

Tried pumping the gas pedal three times withing 5 seconds, at least that is what other forum recommended, but no luck.

Thanks Confused  
Chicago Car Insurance
http://insuredbycia.com

jgate-#002 jgate-#002
Guru | Posts: 953 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 06/15/08
03:42 PM

Turn the ignition to ACC OR ON, with the radio off.
Press and hold the TUNE DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.
Press the SEEK PTYPE or the SEEK PSCAN up or down arrow to scroll through the main menu.
Scroll until OIL LIFE appears on the display.
Press the 1 PREV or 2 NEXT button to enter the submenu. RESET will be displayed.
Press the TUNE DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard to verify the new setting and DONE will be displayed for one second.
Once the message has been reset, scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
Press the TUNE DISP button to exit programming. A chime will be heard to verify the exit.

Or you could try this method
Turn the ignition to ON, with the engine off.
Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message flashes, the system is reset. However, if it stays on , it did not reset. Repeat the procedure.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com