Xml
Item Posts   

Power Windows - 1999 Jeep Cherokee

| 
Fabian_A Fabian_A
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/26/08
06:53 AM

Power windows and mirrors of my 1999 Jeep Cherokee have stopped working. The lights (LED's?) on th buttons blinked on and off for about a week before total failure.
This is a real pain in the A$$ at toll booths and forget the drive-up window at the bank. HELP !!!!!!!!  

qtrmile qtrmile
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/26/08
10:37 PM

Have you tried checking your fuse box? usually fuses burn that results to your dilemma.

sammons0506 sammons0506
Posted: 05/30/08
08:55 AM

Hi I to Have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the same thing happened to me however all my windows are stuck down so I can't drive it due to having small kids. I was told it is most likely the accessory fuse or relay witch after about ten years are on schedule to go. however, The manuals don't tell witch ones they are and even the dealer couldn't find the fuse that controlled accessories. if you fixed your problem or know witch fuse it is let me know too. Confused  

sammons0506 sammons0506
09:20 AM

Hello again well, anger pays off My problem was not a fuss but the black wire thing that connected the driver door to the car had snapped wires in it. I touched one end to the other and presto working windows. now I just have to get them to stay together. Grin  

Fabian_A Fabian_A
04:37 PM

Don't have an owners manual,, but got info from another site that indicated fuse #18 a red 10 Amp fuse should be for the windows - changed same - no luck  

Fabian_A Fabian_A
Posted: 05/31/08
06:48 AM

I have a sneaky suspicion that is my problem also. Well at least one of my problems Tongue  

paskki paskki
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/07/09
03:16 PM

hey thanks for pointing me back in that direction.my brother peeled back the rubber sheath and found some broken wires.had them reattached and all is well now.Thanks again. Ooo  Grin  

rollsafe rollsafe
User | Posts: 213 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 01/12/09
09:56 PM

Hey thanks its a nice information

mecarz  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Jeep Cherokee
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV