Xml
Item Posts   

Hyundai Sonata stalling?

| 
trevord trevord
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/08/08
05:38 PM

Hey Everyone I have a problem, I am hoping to seek some advice. 2 things (I think are related to each other)

1) City driving - I have a 2000 Hyundai Sonata, V6, 2.5L. It has 128 000km's on it. I've never had a problem with it and I bought it in 2002. Recently my check engine light came on then soon after my car stalls every so often when it is idling at a red light or a stop light, seems to happen more when it is hot outside. When I start it back up it will sometimes stall again and barely start but then it does, I would give start to go and it's struggling for power it seems and idles rough and low. When I pull over and let the car sit for a few mins with the engine turned off it seems to start fine and have its power back. This is common in the city.

2) On the Highway - I took it for a spin down the highway, I started to notice a pattern. When I take off hard and fast the RPM gauge would rev normally, until it reached 5000rpm, it won't go past 5000 rpm, it will sit there and just rev even when the pedal is to the floor. When i let off on the gass, the gears change and it happens again, it will reach 5000rpm and again sit there and not change gears and just rev at 5000 until i let out on the gas, if i didnt floor it, it will drive normal until it reaches 5000 rpm which doesnt happen often when driving normally but it does happen ONLY at 5000 rpm.

Any help is appreciated, please! I know it's sensor related, It's just a matter of which one(s). I have a friend with a tester and I will test it in the next 2 weeks when he is back but until then, any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Trevor Confused  

niceboy60 niceboy60
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/06/09
09:02 AM

Hi Trevor
I m having exactley the same problem with my hyundai coupe v6

Problem 1
engine stalls some times , after a few minutes it starts like nothing happen

Problem 2

My engine does not pass 5000 rpm

I v run a engine diagnostic and the fault code is P0501 Vehicle Speed Sensor Range/Performance.  

waynep712 waynep712
Enthusiast | Posts: 652 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 08/06/09
09:23 AM

start here...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=p0501+hyundai&aq=1&oq=p0501&aqi=g3

i will read up... i don't get to work on a lot of newer hyundai's

this one on the first of many google pages has some info

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=NEXT_DTC_P0501  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Hyundai Sonata