Xml
Item Posts   

Will this thing get me there?

| 
tjv189 tjv189
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/20/08
06:56 PM

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and look forward to learning a lot from you guys.  Anyways, I come here today with a question that might not be too easy for you guys to answer, but hopefully I can get some info about it.

I own a 99 Mazda B3000 pickup truck with 89,000 miles on it.  I can not quite afford to get a new truck at this time, so I'm stuck with it for a while at least until I finish school.  It is a Manual 4 speed with overdrive, 4x4, extended cab.  Overall I think its a decent truck, it drives pretty nice and is rather fuel efficient for a mid size truck.

Anyways, my question is, this summer I plan on visiting some relatives 2200 miles away, and want to drive there for fun.  I wanted to ask you guys, do you think a truck this old with this many miles on it could safely get me there, or should I consider renting a car to get there?  I know the answer depends on a lot of things, so feel free to ask me about the truck and I'll supply you with any info that could help you guys give me an honest answer.  Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Tom  

WarrantiesForLess WarrantiesForLess
New User | Posts: 39 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/20/08
08:49 PM

Interesting,

I had a couple B2000 Mazda pick ups being used as runners in one of my businesses and they had over 200K on them and never broke down, so you have one of the most reliable vehicles, so not an issue in my opinion.

One thing you do need to do is prepare for the trip, oil change, tune up, check belts, cooling system, etc, common sense items and enjoy the trip.

Good luck, Mike  
www.Free-Extended-Warranties-Distributorship.com

tjv189 tjv189
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/21/08
08:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Mike.  I have heard from one other person that had a B2000 that Mazda trucks are pretty decent, but I want to hear it from more than just one person.  My one main concern with it right now is when I bought it used, I had no idea when the previous owner last replaced the clutch, if ever.  My concern lies mostly in the clutch going out on me.  Is there some way to find out how many more miles I could get out of this clutch?

I don't really think it is slipping or anything yet, but if the clutch was never replaced before, and the truck has 89,000 miles on it right now, it makes me wonder if the clutch is about ready to go.  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks in advance.

Tom  

BSGCORP BSGCORP
User | Posts: 55 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 02/21/08
09:50 AM

89k you should be cool to go.  I think you will feel/smell your clutch going out long before it doesnt work anymore just in my experience with them.  
Grantfundsnow.com - government grant

rkothari123 rkothari123
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 03/13/12
02:37 AM

With the best power rating in its class, the B4000 delivers no-fear passing, even on steep mountain grades. I own a 2000 Mazda B4000. It now has 112000 miles and the only thing that went bad was the E.G.R. valve. It does not get the best gas mileage in the world but I figure it being a 4x4 and I usually have something being pulled behind me I get about 16-18 mpg.  
SUV

tangyajing tangyajing
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/05/12
02:57 AM

Laugh  

Nick.Joel Nick.Joel
User | Posts: 154 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 08/16/12
12:47 AM

I think you can drive this truck for another 2200 miles. 89k miles so far is not that much distance traveled. But the matter of concern is comfort because 2200 mile is quite a distance. So I feel you should hire a car preferably an SUV that make your journey comfortable...good luck!  
www.ronduprattford.com

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com