Xml
Item Posts   

1996 Chevrolet S10 electrical problem

| 
ncjeeper2004 ncjeeper2004
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/13/08
03:27 AM

I have a 1996 Chevrolet S10 and am having a problem with my turn signal and hazard lights.  They wont work at all but it appears the fuse is ok.  Can anyone please give me some tips on this???  

Auto_guard Auto_guard
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/14/08
09:02 PM

if it has tilt wheel the wiring may have been compromised check for continuity  

V4LTech V4LTech
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 02/17/08
05:45 PM

sounds like a possilbe flasher to me, usually located under the dash, its a circular device that basically connects power from the blinker stalk to the bulbs, they are about $3 at an autoparts store, the hardest thing is finding it, like i said probably under the dash or incorporated with the fuse box somewhere.  

cascadetowing cascadetowing
New User | Posts: 13 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/25/08
03:22 PM

could be bad wiring, could be a bad flasher. I'd start by having someone put their foot on the brake while your looking at the tail lights. while they have the brake applied use the turn signal lever. does one light go out? if it does then this verifies the wiring from the brake switch to the bulb is all there. check the flasher then suspect the switch is bad. (bad switches are on the common side as are the flashers)  

emuowens emuowens
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/08/09
01:44 PM

Besides the fuses there are relays that need to be changed occasionally.  

TDS TDS
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/09/09
07:47 AM

I would check the bulbs Making sure that both filaments are good.  Hazards and signal indicators operate off 2 separate circuits. ( hence 2 diffrent fuses ) and as said before check continuity bc if you have a bad ground some where or a pinched wire from the tilt it will cause the same problem.Have you had the steering wheel off? If so the turn signal cam in the steering column may have not been set back in right. Grin  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com