Xml
Item Posts   

350 Chevy HEI Distributor Firing Order

| 
Mork Mork
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 02/16/08
07:25 PM

I recently had to replace the pick up coil in my HEI distributor, which is in a 350 chevy.  I forgot to mark the distributor before I took it out.  So, I found TDC on the #1 cylinder and put the plug wires back on in the order that they were on originaly, it wouldn't start.  The plug wires followed the same order as the cylinders (front to back on each side of the distributer and engine).  I have since rearranged them so that the firing order is 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2, and it runs fine.  I would really like to get it back to the way it was wired originally, since the wires were all cut to length to fit that sequence.  I had to pull them all out of the looms just so some of them would reach.  It ran fine before, and I know it was originally that way, because I have pictures of it when it was wire that way and irt was running fine....  

Mork Mork
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 02/19/08
10:38 AM

Well I found out what the problem was, I replaced the distributor cap with a stock one, and the previous owner had installed a wire managemnt type. It reroutes the firing order, to allow the wires not to cross over the top of the distributor cap.  It creates a much cleaner look. They are availabe at yearwood.com $49.95.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com