Item Posts   

1995 Dodge Neon shifting problems

| 
rekabnivek rekabnivek
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/06
Posted: 01/09/06
08:45 PM

Hi,

I have a '95 Dodge Neon with a problem in the automatic transmission.  If you start off easy it will shift from 1-2-D-OD just fine, but if you get on it to pass it will jump into 2nd and not go back to drive. It will not sift past 2nd even if you stop and start again. If you stop and put it in reverse then back into drive it will shift properly as long as you are easy on it.  If you start out hard on it, it will not get past 2nd gear.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rekabnivek

ASXYneon ASXYneon
Posted: 01/23/06
07:51 AM

I am having the same issue as you,   I have a 99 neon.  It seems as though it needs a kick to get it into the next gear right ?  Are you having issues with kick down ( when you go to pass someone?)

I have the transmission linkage greased all the time but it started doing again just after this was done.  After asking several people what the issue might be I took my car into have a mechnic look at it.  
Turns out where the linkage connects to the tranny is fine but the troddle part on the tranmission is seezed. they need to remove  this and clean it put in a new seal and its good to go.   It sounds like a simple job and i wish i had someone that could do it for me .. I dont Emotion 6  so i've had to leave it for the garage to do.   It seems that where this  part is  its know in neons to have issues due to the fact that is under the  battery and  corosion  eats at ...

hope this helps.. (sorry i cant explain it better)

rekabnivek wrote:
Hi,

I have a '95 Dodge Neon with a problem in the automatic transmission. If you start off easy it will shift from 1-2-D-OD just fine, but if you get on it to pass it will jump into 2nd and not go back to drive. It will not sift past 2nd even if you stop and start again. If you stop and put it in reverse then back into drive it will shift properly as long as you are easy on it. If you start out hard on it, it will not get past 2nd gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rekabnivek

ASXYneon ASXYneon
Posted: 01/23/06
11:45 AM

here is a link to what i'm talking about, hope it helps.
http://forum.neoncanada.com/index.php?showtutorial=35

ASXYneon wrote:
I am having the same issue as you, I have a 99 neon. It seems as though it needs a kick to get it into the next gear right ? Are you having issues with kick down ( when you go to pass someone?)

I have the transmission linkage greased all the time but it started doing again just after this was done. After asking several people what the issue might be I took my car into have a mechnic look at it.
Turns out where the linkage connects to the tranny is fine but the troddle part on the tranmission is seezed. they need to remove this and clean it put in a new seal and its good to go. It sounds like a simple job and i wish i had someone that could do it for me .. I dont Emotion 6 so i've had to leave it for the garage to do. It seems that where this part is its know in neons to have issues due to the fact that is under the battery and corosion eats at ...

hope this helps.. (sorry i cant explain it better)

Icon Quote rekabnivek wrote:
Hi,

I have a '95 Dodge Neon with a problem in the automatic transmission. If you start off easy it will shift from 1-2-D-OD just fine, but if you get on it to pass it will jump into 2nd and not go back to drive. It will not sift past 2nd even if you stop and start again. If you stop and put it in reverse then back into drive it will shift properly as long as you are easy on it. If you start out hard on it, it will not get past 2nd gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rekabnivek

rebuilder rebuilder
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 12/05
Posted: 02/06/06
09:20 AM

easy fix is to take of kick downlinkage,remove the seal and lube inner tube on top of transmission.this is your problem and if you can't do it a competent mechanic can,or a traany  shop or dealer  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com