First |  Prev |  6 |  7 |  8
Item Posts   

RX-8 Lawsuit

| 
robert.starr robert.starr
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 12/18/11
09:27 AM

The Law Office of Robert Starr is attempting to locate witnesses that have information regarding engine flooding in the Mazda RX8.  If you have any information relating to this condition, please email Robert Starr at robert@starrlawmail.com.  

robert.starr robert.starr
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 12/18/11
09:28 AM

The Law Office of Robert Starr is attempting to locate witnesses who have information regarding engine flooding in the Mazda RX8.  If you have any information regarding this, please email Robert Starr at Robert@starrlawmail.com.  

FrustratedRX8 FrustratedRX8
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/26/12
09:11 PM

Thank you.  I sent him an email today.  Any updates on the status of this lawsuit?  

Tempe Tempe
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/02/12
10:30 AM

Sad but we purchased an 04 RX8 about a year and half ago and it has nothing but problems and after much belated research it seems more the norm for this particular model.  It has since had it's engine replaced which has not only cost us but has devalued the car...trade in is half of what it was prior.  Mazda should be held liable for this.  They have produced so many good cars yet this one by mechanics standards is well below anything and none of this was published  

harry1420 harry1420
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/13/12
12:01 PM

Did you get anywhere with the class action lawsuit ?
I have a 2006 maxda rx8 which I bought brand new and they replaced the engine within the first $5k miles when I got my first oil change. No I am getting close to $80k miles and it turned off on me on the highway. Same issue.

I was told the issue was 2005 and earlier but obviously not if within $5k miles they replaced my motor and now I am fighting to get it done again. They tell you to go to the dealership but also the mechanics work off comission now and they want to charge you for diagnostic fees even thought there fully aware of the issues and get reports on it from Mazda. It's just totally unethical and by them knowing there putting everyone in danger that drives one along with anyone that hits us from behind when the car shuts off.  

mrs.tskipper mrs.tskipper
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 02/07/13
12:30 AM

ATTENTION!!!!!!! If You Or Any Other Members Or Visitors Who Are RX-8 Owners An Are Experiencing Problems With Your Engine Contact Me Regarding A Class Action Lawsuit....This Is Not Right We Are Not Alone I Have Read Hundreds Of Comments,Post,Articles Etc. Regarding The Issues With These Vehicles... I Personally Own A 2007 I Just Got A Call From The Dealer Saying That It Was The Motor That It Needed A New One!!!! I Was Speechless... My Previous Cars Have Ran 300,000 Miles An Absolutely No Less Than 225,000Miles An Mazda Said They Can't Help Me... Well Somebody Is Going To Do Something I Will Not Rest Until Something Is Done These Problems Are Of No Fault Of The Owner..I Have Spent Hundreds Upon Hundreds Upon Hundreds Of Dollars On Parts An Repair Bills For A Car I Bought Brand New 28,000$ And Its Not Right Mazda Knowingly Sold These Vechicles  With Prior Problems An Complications To Make A Profit That Calls For A Lawsuit An It May Not  Be So Bad If Mazda Would Acknowledge That They Have Had Thousands Of Problems With These Vehicles In 04,-05 & 06 They Supposedly Fixed Those Issues But That Is Not The Case The Engine Problems Still Exist... An They Know It....Being A Reputable Company You Would Think They Would Want To Keep There Good Name An Help The Customers Especially Owners Who Purchased There Car Brand New...Never Pre Owned... No Person Should Pay That Kind Of Money An In 5Yrs.Or less Have To Spend 4,500-6,000$ All By Yourself With No Help For A New Motor That Is Damaged An Its No Fault Of Your Own...Then If U Do Pay That Kind Of Money An Its Just Gonna Do The Exact Same Thing!!!! I Have A Feeling It Is Bcuz When This Vehicle Was Released In Japan Or Wherever Not In America This Car Was Designed To Run 5w-30 oil But The Issue Was 5W-30 oil Did Not Meet The Federal Emisssions Law In The USA So They Lowered There Required Oil To 5w-20 Many Mechanics Have
Reported That This Oil Is Not Thick Enough To Protect The Seals An There Fore They Became Damaged Causing Low Compression An Engine Failure!  But Something Has To Be Done If We Stand Together We Can Take This To Court An Get Compensated.  I Just Want A Reliable Vehicle That Runs.... I Can't Even Sale This Car An Get Half The Money I Paid To Get Me A New One I Just Feel Like Im At A Total Loss.... Anyone Can Contact Me At Mrs.tskipper@gmail.com Please Do.....An If Anyone Knows Of An Existing Lawsuit I Can Join Please Reach Out I Have So Much Proof, Evidence I Am Willing To Do Anything.... Good Luck To U All I Know How Frustrating An Upsetting
This Is.... I Have Cried So Much About This I Am Sick... I Know It Doesn't Help But It Is So Upsetting To Purchase A New Car An This Happen Not To Mention The Countless Other Things That Have Went Wrong I Never Complained About. I Hope We Can All Get Some Answers An Find Peace...Thank You God Bless Have A Wonderful Day.   Hope To Hear From You All....Again My E-mail Is Mrs.tskipper@gmail.com  

Tim2004 Tim2004
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/04/13
06:48 AM

I am also interested in a class action suit. I don't need to go into details but I have a 2004 RX8 with 56,000 miles, Mazda says I need a new engine and am out of warranty. Please contact me tjlutz1961@gmail.com.  

Tim2004 Tim2004
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/04/13
07:03 AM

I am the second owner of a 2004 RX8 with 56,000 miles, purchased in Sept. of 2009 with 24,000 miles. Have all records of service through dealer for both the previous owner and I. Dealer says engine needs replaced and is out of warranty. Am interested in class action suit. Please contact me at tjlutz1961@gmail.com.

Tim  

Norman.Tuer Norman.Tuer
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 10/27/13
09:12 AM

Hi,
 I have a 2004 RX8, same issues, at 54,000 miles dealer said I needed a new engine, 3 months after the extended warranty expired. The car has been serviced at the same dealer since it was new, on time as required. We had taken the car in because of the engine light and had the symptoms of stalling, loss of power, rough idling, etc.
 I suspect the dealer knew of the engine replacement issue prior to warranty lapse and withheld the information until after the warranty lapsed.
 Here is the strange part, Mazda issued a bulletin to the dealers, but did not notify the owners, thus in effect warning the dealer to prolong engine replacement until the warranty expired. I say it is fraud!!!
 At the very least Mazda has done everything in its power to avoid providing customer service, and since has quit making this vehicle.
 I'm madd as hell and trying to figure out what to do next? Car still at dealer
Norm
Saint Michaels, Maryland  

Lephtee TwoHats Lephtee TwoHats
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 11/17/13
12:43 PM

I have been reading up on the RX8 engine replacement issue. We bought ours from the dealer and had it serviced only there on time.
We have had numerous issues with the engine light coming on, air conditioner blowing hot, not starting, stalling, etc. but dealer each time claims to have resolved each issue. Now tells us that our engine needs to be replaced, of course we are now out of extended warranty, so it will cost $6,200.00.
 What is incredible to me is that we have had the engine light issue for years, but according to the dealer the code never was for compression loss, until now. So this engine light is not a warning light it is a Kapoot light and the dealer expects me to believe the engine goes bad during the last 5,000 miles which sounds like a lie to me.
 I believe the dealer with full knowledge of the serious engine issues withheld the service bulletin information insuring the customer would not demand a compression check prior to the warranty expiring. This intentional failure to disclose seems to be a pattern for many Mazda Dealers, and Mazda corporate is useless.
 If anyone has current (2013) info on litigation please forward same to Norman.Tuer@gmail.com  

12:46 PM

I have been reading up on the RX8 engine replacement issue. We bought ours from the dealer and had it serviced only there on time.
We have had numerous issues with the engine light coming on, air conditioner blowing hot, not starting, stalling, etc. but dealer each time claims to have resolved each issue. Now tells us that our engine needs to be replaced, of course we are now out of extended warranty, so it will cost $6,200.00.
 What is incredible to me is that we have had the engine light issue for years, but according to the dealer the code never was for compression loss, until now. So this engine light is not a warning light it is a Kapoot light and the dealer expects me to believe the engine goes bad during the last 5,000 miles which sounds like a lie to me.
 I believe the dealer with full knowledge of the serious engine issues withheld the service bulletin information insuring the customer would not demand a compression check prior to the warranty expiring. This intentional failure to disclose seems to be a pattern for many Mazda Dealers, and Mazda corporate is useless.
 If anyone has current (2013) info on litigation please forward same to Norman.Tuer@gmail.com  

12:48 PM

Zechariah Bigley Zechariah Bigley
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/14
Posted: 02/15/14
09:51 AM

Hello Derek,

My name is Zechariah Bigley.....I'm sorry for your frustration. I'm sure I speak for a majority of the people when I say that I understand what you are going through, as well as everyone else, and I wanted to let you know that I am going to file a complaint and I am building a case. This is not something that should be taken lightly and I'm not going to give up until the problem is rectified. Mazda should be held accountable for their products. All I do is read online about everyone else sharing the same problems with there cars and this is not a coincidence!!!!

My Car: 69,000 miles

Either broken or replaced already by myself:

1. Clutch $860
2. Catalytic Converter $169
3. Brand New Brake System with ABS Module $3,680.11
4. Spark Plugs $55 x 4 (installed myself)
5. Both Visors split in half for no reason
6. Various plastic pieces in my car broke (Console, Cigarette Lighter Cover, Dials for A/C
7. Major Apex Seals are going out if not already which causes water to get in oil making oil white and frothy which is a serious problem!

****Now needs new engine*****

Total investment for my broke down paid Mazda $35-40k**** Parked in my drive way now for over a month!!!!

ANYONE INTERESTED IN FIXING THIS SITUATION START BY FILING A COMPLAINT LIKE DEREK SAID IN THIS POST AND TAKE DOWN OUR INFORMATION AND LET US KNOW IF ANYTHING CHANGES OR IF SOMETHING NEW IS FOUND OUT.....I WILL CONTACT THE (ACLU) AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION FOR STARTERS AND SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT.

I can be contacted at:

Zechariah Bigley

email: zechariahbigley@yahoo.com
cell: 682-262-0946
home: 817-441-2003
Facebook: search with "zechariahbigley@yahoo.com"

P.S. Justice is Blind, but it has a face.  

Zechariah Bigley Zechariah Bigley
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/14
Posted: 02/15/14
09:52 AM

Hello Derek,

My name is Zechariah Bigley.....I'm sorry for your frustration. I'm sure I speak for a majority of the people when I say that I understand what you are going through, as well as everyone else, and I wanted to let you know that I am going to file a complaint and I am building a case. This is not something that should be taken lightly and I'm not going to give up until the problem is rectified. Mazda should be held accountable for their products. All I do is read online about everyone else sharing the same problems with there cars and this is not a coincidence!!!!

My Car: 69,000 miles

Either broken or replaced already by myself:

1. Clutch $860
2. Catalytic Converter $169
3. Brand New Brake System with ABS Module $3,680.11
4. Spark Plugs $55 x 4 (installed myself)
5. Both Visors split in half for no reason
6. Various plastic pieces in my car broke (Console, Cigarette Lighter Cover, Dials for A/C
7. Major Apex Seals are going out if not already which causes water to get in oil making oil white and frothy which is a serious problem!

****Now needs new engine*****

Total investment for my broke down paid Mazda $35-40k**** Parked in my drive way now for over a month!!!!

ANYONE INTERESTED IN FIXING THIS SITUATION START BY FILING A COMPLAINT LIKE DEREK SAID IN THIS POST AND TAKE DOWN OUR INFORMATION AND LET US KNOW IF ANYTHING CHANGES OR IF SOMETHING NEW IS FOUND OUT.....I WILL CONTACT THE (ACLU) AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION FOR STARTERS AND SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT.

I can be contacted at:

Zechariah Bigley

email: zechariahbigley@yahoo.com
cell: 682-262-0946
home: 817-441-2003
Facebook: search with "zechariahbigley@yahoo.com"

P.S. Justice is Blind, but it has a face.  

Mel T Mel T
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/14
Posted: 12/11/14
09:37 PM

WORST CAR IN THE WORLD
I bought this car in April this year 2014 for $14000 Mazda Rx8 2005 model and had just sold it for $6500 11 Dec 2014. This one was a special edition with exhaust system, sports body kit, rare paint job with leather interior and it was 6speed manual. Hmmm where do I start. 1st week of the car cost me about $1200 for a full service at mazda because the consultant recommended that I do a full service. I didn't mind but once it had a full service I was then told that my car is up 4 an engine rebuild. Which will cost me about 7k. What a joke. The following week my car wouldnt start due to flooding. Because of that flooding my coils and what not needed to be replaced costs me about $200-300 including my towing fee.  A month later I started to hear noises on my discpads and that needed replacement $1800. My sports brakes costs me $1800.Needed a new battery that costs me about $100 the old one was causing my car to flood. it was there bloody job to check my car fully as I had paid for a full service because they didnt I was going in and out of Mazda due to my car flooding because of the battery affecting the engine or what not bla bla bla. In total for all my flooding issues during that period of time I had paid over $2000 plus towing to and from. This car was a nightmare. It raped my pockets. Because of all the money I spent trying to keep the car running. I didnt want to sell it. Now its in perfect condition. Howevee its probably a ticking time bomb in need of an engine rebuild. I'll never EVER buy another MAZDA again.Loved racing on the streets with my Boyfriend against his WRX . But not worth the money and headache. Please if anyone is considering buying this car. DONT !!! ITS A NIGHTMARE. I sold it 4 cheap because its really a piece of junk not worth anything !!!!  

First |  Prev |  6 |  7 |  8
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com