First |  Prev |  6 |  7 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

RX-8 Lawsuit

| 
jeffrb36 jeffrb36
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/19/10
01:38 PM

My name is Jeff Baze and I am definetely intrested. I have been having problems with my RX8 since I bought it. Took it to the dealers (Mazda)     and they said that it was a compression problem, that the Mazda knew about all the time. The Mazda dealer's asked me to bring up all my car service records, and they would see if the could get the Mazda Corporation to fix the engine. I did and the Mazda Corporation said NO. Now I have to buy a new engine, when I believe the Mazda Corporation should be responsible for there shady work.  My tel.#      (425)367-3964  or e-mail joanbaze28@yahoo.com (family)  

jeffrb36 jeffrb36
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/19/10
01:43 PM

This reply is to Studentlaw2006@hotmail.com please put me on your list. Jeff Baze
tel.425-367-3964   e-mail-joanbaze28@yahoo.com (family)   THANKS.   Tacoma, WA  

bnoris bnoris
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/29/10
12:29 PM

Count me in as another dissatisfied 2004 RX8 owner.  My 2004 has 112,000 miles on it. I bought it last year with 83k miles and had the engine replaced at 103k.  9,000 miles later the engine has gone out again and Mazda refuses to replace it even though its still under 12mo/12k mile warranty.  They claim that since my radiator was replaced by a non-dealer 1 week before the engine blew, that was the primary cause.  If anyone has information on a class action suit please post details here.
banoris@yahoo.com  

kolvera kolvera
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 12/03/10
06:56 PM

Marcia,
I am so glad I stumbled upon this forum. I thought I was in this alone. I know all this was going on in 2007 but I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction on where to start.
 I have had my Mazda RX8 2004 for 1 year and 7 months and it's been in the shop 10 times about to be 11.   I've had the engine replaced, the a/c system replaced, the clutch replaced, this is just a chip off the iceberg.  Now my power steering has gone out and 5 days later my check engine light came on.   Something in the motor is now squeaking when changing gears, so it seems my problems are going to be continuous. I received a recall notice in the mail on the clutch bracket, so that also has to be fixed.  From what I've been reading in this forum, it's an on going problem even after it's fixed.
This was my dream car, I had to have it and it has been a complete nightmare.   I would like to join in to help put pressure on Mazda, believe me when I say that I am more than ready.
I tried calling the dealership to see if there was anything we could work out.  The sales manager had a good laugh and told me, "you cant just return cars after having them this long".  Needless to say I've been unsuccessful in getting a return phone call from Mazda corporate offices as well.

Contact me at mark_kristi_olvera@yahoo.com if anyone can help, that would be the easiest way to get me information.  I would appreciate any help !!
Thank you !
Kristi  

911Teri 911Teri
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/24/11
04:42 PM

Finally declared a Lemon!

The good news is that Mazda actually came through for me and repurchased my 2005 under the Lemon Law!

Anyone that would like info from me about my experience, feel free to contact me. I used a Law Office advocate (no cost to me) and had my check within 3 months from the first contact.

While some of you are RX8 lovers despite the quirks, some of us were not made aware of the "characteristics" at the time of purchase and need to be able to rely on our cars every day.

Good luck to everyone!

Teri
ofarrells4@comcast.net  

sucker sucker
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/27/11
02:00 PM

I need to check my states lemon laws. I have the 2004 and my engine with low miles went to crap a few month ago. Mad  They replaced a lot of parts. It all cost me around $2,000.  Shocked My GREATER concern and interest in a law suit is that I suspect my car, while having slow growing seal leaks has been causing leaks into the cabin potentionally slow poisoning me and my family over the last several years(petro chemicals, heavy metal vapors ect.) Crazy  The timing of when we started getting sick fits and we have been rapidly feeling better since the seals were all replaced. KEEP YOUR WINDOWS OPEN !!!!!!  Wink I gotta dump that car asap before it starts again.

Count me in on any class action cindyshannon@tampabay.rr.com It's all a shame because it handles great and looks so sweet. I am thinking now, after learning of the leaks issues and catalytic converter exhaust back up problems, that it has been what has been making us get toxic poisoning symptoms over the last several years, especially since we are finally starting to feel better, not worse, after having had the seals all replaced.  

Silverbird0000 Silverbird0000
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/21/11
03:33 PM

I would also like to be included in this.  I have a 2005 RX-8 Grand Touring and bought it brand new from Mazda in Fort Myers, Florida.  Since then, it has been in the shop for the check engine light 14 times.  The engine was rebuilt at 30k, then the light came on another two times.  Apparently the shitty service rules by Ford/Mazda had them rebuild the engine, but none of the other parts that were connecting it.  The wire harness then went bad twice causing a CEL.  The last CEL was about two years ago when my lease was ending.  I chose to buy the car because I had 45k under my allotted amount on my lease and the car was worth more than my lease buy out.  I chose to get the extended warranty incase the CEL came back.  Well two years later it just came on again.  This time the car is slow to accelerate and a bit jerky.  I am so over this.  I was at Mazda for an oil change a few months ago and and they tried to talk me into a new RX-8, I laughed so hard I almost peed and the salesman walked away.  If any class action is done I would like to be included.  With the CEL all the time and the abysmal gas milage, I can't wait to be out of this car.

Silverbird0000@aol.com  

taking further action taking further action
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/08/11
12:26 PM

Hi there, I was searching for posts regarding Mazda RX8's.  It seems like your post is pretty old but I wanted to know if you have done anything about Mazda or are still trying to.  I am in the state of Texas as well and am looking for anyone to join me in a class action suit possibly.
Thank you  

buster2005 buster2005
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/11
Posted: 04/23/11
12:35 PM

I am with you on this.  I have a 2005 Rx8 and have just been told I need a new motor also.  Catalytic converter going bad and has caused the rotor to go down.  Total loss of engine power, rpm drops , have to feather the clutch for car to drive.  What to do?

Tim  

inowutumean inowutumean
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 06/13/11
07:28 AM

Something definitely needs to be done!  I know what you mean about this stalling at lights as being a definite safety problem.  My car is a 2004 RX-8 that also started smelling of melted wax after driving it 4 miles to work and back. Then the engine would stall after going up a hill and coming to a stoplight.  Obviously, I am not alone and it isn't just poor driving abilities causing the car to stall.  After taking the car into the Mazda Dealer and paying $2200.00 to have cords replaced, the engine still continued to stall at stoplights.  Upon returning it to the dealer for further repair, the Mazda Tech took several days of driving in order to get the stalling to occur. Now we are waiting for the engine to be replaced under Warranty.  I agree that this is a fun car to drive and it is definitely sporty-looking, but Mazda is definitely putting their reputation on the line by allowing this reoccurring problem to continue. Mazda should definitely compensate their RX-8 owners by buying back their cars until this problem has been resolved.  Obviously, this a serious problem which will hinder the future sales by Mazda.  

stassoni stassoni
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 09/13/11
06:11 AM

I see most of these replies started in 2007.  I wish I would have done more research prior to buying my 2009 Mazda Rx8.  I am currently involved in a Lemon Law Suit with Mazda Corporation and my arbitration in in a couple of weeks.  The Mazda RX8 is the worst car I have ever owned.  Why would a Corporation continue to manufacture a car that has had so many problems with its rotary engine.  Just shortly after taking ownership of my car, it was back at the dealership in just three weeks because the oil light kept coming on.  This car has been in the dealership almost every month with regards to this issue and Mazda keeps telling me this is normal.  Does anyone have any additional information to help my case with regards to the rotary engine?  If there is a class action lawsuit, please let me in on it! This is the worst car Mazda has ever invented and those of you considering buying this car, think again!  Most of your time will be spent at the dealership at least monthly!  I too am not a legal pro, but I am a paralegal and will be willing to assist any way I can.
sheritassoni@hotmail.com

Sheri

2009 Mazda RX8 owner and HATING IT!  

haimaria haimaria
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 10/12/11
05:30 PM

Count me in! We just bought 2005 RX-8 & it's in the shop! Email me at haimaria@ymail.com

Hai Nguyen  

haimaria haimaria
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 10/12/11
05:32 PM

Marcia,
Please, let us know if you're still going to do this class action lawsuit against Mazda.

haimaria@ymail.com  

arose38610 arose38610
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 10/16/11
02:09 PM

arose38610,

Rx8 2005, 97k

I brought in 07 and initially took it in after a month, minor heat issue. The dealership notice that my compression was low then but stated no problem, then after that I had flooding problems with the engine.

I approach Mazda Hq,I asked to speak to the district manager and she stated that eventhough I took my Rx8 to the dealership, I am being denied due to dealership not actually putting on my service paperwork but it stated that it was service. Everytime I took my car in they recommended additional work.

I'm in for the lawsuit.  

Mazda04syd Mazda04syd
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/11
Posted: 11/28/11
11:05 AM

Hi, im not sure if anything has been done about this yet.
I have bought a 2004 Mazda Rx from a private owner I had the car fully inspected before the purchase. Everything was fine, 3 days later the power steering completely went out on the highway im a 100 pound lady who can barely lift 10 pounds this was extremely scary trying to handle this car, I took it to Mazda and 300$ and 2 days my car was fixed, upon leaving Mazda my check engine light came on, I called and asked what this was from because before i brought it there this light wasn't or has never came on before. Now every time i put the car in park it shuts off or in neutral. I spoke to Mazda am and bringing in the car again today to have it looked at, the women told me over the phone that it could be a misfire or the engine could be flooded? I am a full time student and I am putting myself in school I do not have the time or money to keep having this car fixed I bought this car because I thought it would be a sturdy car. Some please help!
I_Love_Apple@me.com  

First |  Prev |  6 |  7 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com