First |  Prev |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

RX-8 Lawsuit

| 
Dreyna2010 Dreyna2010
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/31/10
06:24 AM

Marcia, Did you ever get the rpoblem with your Mazda resolved?  I am having similiar problems with my 2006 RX8.  

neighsayer neighsayer
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 02/09/10
05:42 AM

My son has a 2005 Mazda RX-8 with 35,000 miles.  It is a piece of crap!  It is in the shop for the 2nd time in 6 mos.  They try to say he isn't driving it correctly.  They even went so far to say that this car isn't for short distance driving or pleasure!  What?  I asked them if this was disclosed on this expensive hunk of junk before he bought it.  Constant problems with flooding, decarbing engine, and now the coils.  First time in, it squeaked by the compression failure test.  I mean squeaaaakkkkeeed.  Change the freaking engine if there is a problem.  I told them Toyota is owning up to their mistakes, why can't Mazda?  Never will buy another one!  

GMPRINCESS GMPRINCESS
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/23/10
05:10 PM

you need to force the issue!! we are trying to get a group of people together on this!! I am getting my 3rd engine right now!! my car is sitting in the dealership lot waiting for it to come in!! Original engine lost compression at 30,000 miles!! 2nd engine lost compression at 22,000 miles so now they are putting the 3rd one in!! yep it suck the big one!! and I am going to find a way to make them take this car back!! and pay me back or something this is not right!!! We all need to file a lawsuit or something!!  I have a friend that is a Mazda Tech and he is so Disgusted himself at the way the consumer is treated!! so I think I have a ace in the hole!!  

GMPRINCESS GMPRINCESS
05:15 PM

Marci, Mine is a 2006 also!! first time it was like it was cutting out or I thought maybe I had something under the gas peddle.  

GMPRINCESS GMPRINCESS
05:15 PM

Marci, Mine is a 2006 also!! first time it was like it was cutting out or I thought maybe I had something under the gas peddle.  

GMPRINCESS GMPRINCESS
05:24 PM

they were going to try that with mine but it didn't work!! it needs a new engine I will bet you!! it is just a matter of time and you will be back in for an engine don't let your warranty run out before you get your engine that's what they are trying for!!!  

neighsayer neighsayer
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 02/25/10
06:48 AM

I have written letters to Mazda HQ in Michigan, Consumer Affairs, NHTSA, local news station, etc.  I am tired of getting a pat on the ass and everything will be fine.  The hunk of junk still runs rough.  What really is the *** is that it cost $30k new in 2005 and only has 35,000 miles and you can only trade this piece of crap in for about $10k if that.  I wish someone would sue these b*******ds!  My son is dirt poor from spending all his money on this car because Lord knows they won't own  up to their mistake!  Can't afford another car either.  

t1771 t1771
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 03/09/10
05:06 PM

I was back in the dealer tonight with my 2004 Rx-8 that has only 44,000 miles. That makes two service trips in less than 2 weeks. Tonight I was very lucky not to have been killed. The engine went from 45mph to 10mph in less than 5 seconds while I was on the highway. Had someone been behind me flying I'd be a gonner. I am calling Mazda North America in California tomorrow and calling an attorney. I'm beyond sick and tired of this sh*t. Every part in my car has been replaced except the engine, which is the one thing Mazda would actually pay for. I paid 32k for my car in Sept 2003, it had 14 miles on it. The first trip to the service department was in Nove 2003. Been down hill ever since and Mazda hasn't done a damn thing about it. I have a list of email address of owners that would like to go in on a suite, if there is anyone else please send me your contact information.

Tiffany
gentile.tiffany@comcast.net  

t1771 t1771
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 03/10/10
06:25 AM

Marcia I contacted an attorney this morning about filing a class action suite. If you could provide me with the names of the people you have that would be willing to go in on it, I would appreciate it. I have quite a few email addresses already but want to get everyone involved.  

meghanw21 meghanw21
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/24/10
04:55 PM

Marcia or Tiffany or whoever can help,

I have a 2004 RX8 with 57,000 miles on it that I bought (used) a couple years ago and it had only 35,000 miles at the time. Today I took it in to get the oil changed and have it checked out at a Mazda dealership because it sometimes will just die for no apparent reason (it's automatic) and it usually happens when it starts to get warmer outside. So after a few hours at the shop they call to tell me it needs a new engine (luckily covered by warranty) and many other expensive parts. Also, I find out that this is already the 2nd engine in this car (no one bothered to tell me that before). So now it is going on 3 engines. I am extremely frustrated like all of you and am hoping someone has found an answer to getting this issue resolved or knows of the best route to get it taken care of. Please let me know what you think or any suggestions. Thanks!
Meghan  

msturk05 msturk05
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 04/11/10
12:19 PM

Well,  Frown I guess I found the right place to vent my frustration. Bought a 2004 Rx8 in August of 09. Started having problems with poor acceleration right after we drove it home.  It had stalled out on me a few different times but after waiting 10-15 mins could get it to start back up.  Idled rough at stop lights, etc.  Noticed a few times the smell of alcohol coming through the vents.  Drove it till about the middle of October. Started it up one day to move it from point A to point B in the driveway and it flooded out. Couldnt get it to restart after that.  Since we were planning on storing it for winter anyway, we just towed it and let it set for the winter. Tried to restart it this spring with no luck. Took it to the local Mazda dealer. Said spark plugs needed replaced. $350! Not covered by extended drive train warranty of course. Brought it home. Having trouble with poor acceleration again and idling rough.  Engine light came on yesterday. Running ok today. Its so inconsistent. We use the 5W-20 oil in it. Premium gas. We did purchase a 24 months/26,000 mile extended drive train warrant on it. Hoping if this thing needs a new motor it will be covered! I love this car! Just extremely disappointed in its performance! Had I known this all was going on, I would not have purchased this car. Anybody have any luck with the extended warranties covering new/rebuilt motor?

Michelle  

wookie1 wookie1
Posted: 04/21/10
12:49 PM

please includde me i have someone from corp mazda on tape phone conversation saying these cars have this problem.
crystalblackburn1@yahoo.com  

jazzman99 jazzman99
Posted: 04/28/10
02:03 PM

Count me in. I have 31,000 miles on my 2004 RX8 and the engine is shot. The dealer will replace it free of charge but only after fixing "other issues" that must be fixed before the engine is replaced and only after I produce receipts for the required oil changes. I Love this car but engines failing at 30,000 k are you kidding me?  

matthewbuse5 matthewbuse5
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/03/10
11:28 AM

Confused
I have had my 2004 rx-8 since 2006 and it now has 66,000 miles. Just over the course of the last year I have noticed a change in the acceleration and the smell that everyone has been talking about on this post. I just wanted to look up the price of the new engine and stumbled upon all these postings. When starting my rx-8 the radiator light comes on then goes off after a minute and also for awhile not the oil dipstick is milky and white and a little bubbly when I pull it out....no good!!! Have yet to be to the dealership but do not want to pay for the costs. I enjoy the car very much but have run into every problem that everyone is talking about. If there is some kinda of lawsuit count me in. Also if anyone has any advice on what I should do let me know. I still owe roughly 10,000 on the car.

Matt

2004 Mazda Rx 8 owner
matthewbuse5@gmail.com  

pitbullmom pitbullmom
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/02/10
06:58 AM

Please contact me at pitbullmmom14@yahoo.com....I am gun-ho on a class action suit against mazada to replace and or buy back  these pieces of junk. Mad  

First |  Prev |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com