First |  Prev |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

RX-8 Lawsuit

| 
tammi tammi
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/18/08
06:38 PM

My 2004 RX8 6 speed has started acting up while I'm sitting at a stop light.  While it's in neutral it will rev up then act like it's going to die over and over the entire time I'm stopped.  If I push the clutch in it will stop.  Has anyone else dealt with this problem?  The Mazda dealership told me it was the oxygen sensors and that if I don't get them replaced (which would be $750 out of my pocket) the catalytic converter will go out (which would be $2200 out of my pocket).  Does this make sense?  I've had a bad feeling for awhile that the mechanics at the Mazda dealership don't know what they are doing.  It's pretty sad, but I’ve gotten to know the guy over the service department on a first name basis as I have my car in there every other month with something new going wrong with it.

I've owned this car barely a year and have had to have these things replaced: a motor mount; plugs & coils; intake manifold; a/c control; 1st, 2nd, 6th & reverse; the clutch and these are the things I can remember off the top of my head. Frown

tammi@grandecom.net  

rudysalpro rudysalpro
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/30/08
12:55 PM

Looks like a lot of us are having the same issue with our RX8's, has anyone anyone actually heard of anyone filing a class action suite against them?

I'm so tired of dealing with this car, as much as i love it, I hate it. I just took it out of the shop, and its still having the same issue.

rudysalpro@gmail.com  

dougn1lqs dougn1lqs
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/13/08
07:37 PM

I live in ct. and own a 2005 rx 8 which I bought new april 2006  ,today oct13 2008 I have 18,200 miles on my car.,I have used 5w20 non synthetic oil since new and as of late I have been having a hard time finding this grade oil. in non synthetic form.,My problems have not been anywhere as extreme .,I have had the recalls and engine  computer re flashed  ,did have battery replaced ,that all. I have heard of the flooding problems but  I have not had any problems ,I read a forum of an owner who pampers his rx8 by putting4oz of synthetic 2-cycle oil+4oz  Lucas upper Cylinder Lube in every 10 gallons of gas. I love my car and would gladly do this if it would insure a smooth running and long lasting product.Mazda has contacted me informing me that my warrentee is extended .,my dealings with the dealerships is a different story.,they wanted to charge me for the battery but only after throwing a temper tantrum did they agree to pay for it. I dont know what the truth is regarding the engine and if the design is ok or if they are all lemons . my opinion would change if I have half of the horror stories I have heard about. you can add my name to a class action suit if it turns out mazda sold me a new car knowing it had problems that could cause  hardship or worse. one other  item,.my ac isnt the coldest and cycles on and off ,the dealer said it might need to be charged and it isnt covered and they want one arm and two toes .,I want this car to be right because when it runs its a great car . I feel a little guilty that my car has been running well.but then I only have 18k it should run great  .,does anyone know for sure if the thin oil is doing damage to the engine??  

scotch scotch
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/26/08
06:14 PM

Ok, I'm a recent owner of a rebuilt (salvage rear clip replacement) '06  RX8 with 5500 miles.  Warrantee won't be my issues since it will be my nickel if I get engine trouble.  However, reading much of this thread I'm only hearing of engine issues prior to '06.  Is that because issues seem to be corrected in newer models or not enough miles have been driven to get the damage?  Also, since Mazda won't stand behind a salvage vehicle warrantee which oil would you recommend non-synthetic 5w20 or something else?  Why does Mazda recommend this light weight?

Appreciate the feedback..
Scott
sdkdb@cableone.net  

t1771 t1771
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 11/20/08
02:40 PM

I purchased by 2004 RX-8 in September 2003. I had the car shipped from CA to MA,it was supposedly one of the cars made in the very first bacth. I hav had nothing but engine problems. It's been recalled 5 times and there have been countless bulletins. Not including the recalls and bulletins issues I've had the battery replaced twice, spark plugs twice, the compression in the engine has died, stalling, replaced starter, new brakes, new catalytic converter, an issue with the gas tank, should I go on...
I have had battles with the IRA Mazda in Massachusetts and have actually been thrown out of the dealerhsip and told not to return. This was actually pretty funny since the reason I got upset was they gave me a bad battery and bad spark plugs, admitted to it, removed them AFTER they told me my car was ready for pickup and then said they wouldn't pay for it. BUt that's another story for another time. If anyone does have a class action going on please let me know!! I hav done a lot of research and have found a couple people threatening them, but noone has actually gone through with it.

Thanks,
Tiffany
gentile.tiffany@comcast.net  

upsetdriver upsetdriver
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/01/08
03:53 PM

I just took my 2004 RX8 in today for these same issues. The car stranded me over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I have 39k miles on the car and of course it just ran out on the 5 year wannanty last month.  To deflood the car and replace the spark plug is gonna run me upwards of $700.  Has anyone had any luck with the buyback of their car or at least with getting money back due to the enourmous amounts of recalls and similar issues we are all expierencing all across the board? Will filing a complaint with the NHTSA get you anywhere? If anyone has any advise or success stories please email me a maw121876@yahoo.com.  Your help is greatly appreciated!  

alamowankle87 alamowankle87
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/11/09
02:14 PM

Stop your crying man !  Next time you want to rev that motor up passed 7 grand and you mess up your apex seal on the rear rotary motor. You all just want to blame mazda for bringing back the  rotary !  LOOK you should have done your home work on the wankle motor, she works better in the cold , not the heat.  Thats why the us army didn't use it in there jeeps . look it up !  I live in texas , and have an freak'n 87 rx-7 let me tell you , when it gets hottt out , roll the windows down ! turn off the ac !  lol  And I have a new motor in it !   All of you are crying about how the dealer swaped your motor three times, and ur all mad , be happy they will even work on it ! You could be like the guy with out the warranty !  I personaly love and HATE my  rotary , but we all have choices don't we ! In Japan they made the rx7 till , i think around 99, and the Japanese alway new what that motor was about , puting out power with a small out put !  They for sure are not crying about a lawsiut with Mazda.  

Lawinurx8 Lawinurx8
Posted: 01/14/09
01:30 PM

*********************SOLUTION******************************

Hey I own a 2004 RX8 and yes THEY SUCK THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have spoke with "nhtsa" National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
www.nhtsa.dot.gov

About this and they are WITH US!!!! I have a point of contact, the claim proccess takes about 15 minutes. They are telling me to more people the better, as there are other pending complaints!!!!

Please contact "Cortney"

1-888-327-4236
EXT #: 1268

If you have trouble getting up with her you can file a claim with anyone... But she knows my case .....

If I can help you with anything let me know!!!!

This is our best shot short of getting a Lawyer!!

-Derek  

junkmobile junkmobile
Posted: 01/17/09
02:52 PM

what is the solution? Mine is a 2005 RX8 with 32,000mi which doesn't start.  

pcasso pcasso
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/01/09
08:44 AM

I am having the same issue with power steering. Please contact me at perrycassagnol@gmail.com or by phone at 754.368.9748  

lth1954 lth1954
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/16/09
08:21 AM

I have a 04 RX-8 - 72,000 miles and Mazda just replaced the engine.  Got the car back and the car stalled every time you came to a stop once it warmed up.

Took Jeff Haas Mazda some time to trouble shoot, but here was the problem - the rubber hoses to the automatic transmission were weak and when they got hot, they would basically close up when coming to a halt and the torque converter would not have full pressure - the car would go from 800 RPM to 400 RPM because it was still trying to go a little and then die.

New hoses - problem solved.  The way to trouble shoot according to the dealership was to watch the engine temperature and the transmission fluid temperature.  Once the hose started to collapse - the transmission got hotter - and when you stopped, the fluid did not go through the lines as it should - causing the engine to labor and then quit.

Mazda covered all of the repairs under warranty - at least for this situation right after a new engine.

Hope this helps others!  

Ginx Ginx
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/06/09
07:31 PM

My brain is searching for words to describe the mental and physical exhaustion that I am experiencing. I seldom find myself "digging" for words to express my thoughts, but, today, it happened.

I have serviced my car as suggested by Mazda; tune-up, oil and lubrication, everything you can think of that is required, and, today it went dead.

My car is at the dealership awaiting diagnostics. The aforementioned sentence sounds so clichéd after reading all the posts that I have on this website. However, I wanted to relate what I was told by the service representative earlier this evening. Hilarious indeed!

One can never plan for such circumstances, but, I am happy to still be alive.

An approach to address this issue with Mazda from the owners' perspective must be identified as soon as possible. I am patiently waiting and hoping I don't die attempting to drive this Mazda RX8 before this happens.

Ginx
2006 (6 Speed) Mazda RX-8 Owner  

jas.sa.tx jas.sa.tx
Posted: 07/16/09
04:13 PM

I drive a 2004 RX8, 47k miles same issues as everyone- rough idle,rattling,stalling out in traffic & stop lights/stop signs in hot weather with a/c on. I have taken the vehicle in and out of service at the dealership have gotten the run around many times and told that other things are the issue,i've had my spark plugs replaced,pcm replaced, & most recently new ignition coils & new spark plug wires which i had to pay $600 out of pocket. As soon as that job was done deadlership called me & said my car was ready and running great. i picked up the vehicle & while driving home again at a stop sign it just stalled out..i was pissed,tow truck picked it up & is now at dealership again. They now think it may be the engine and have sent compression test results to mazda for approval for new engine. This car has been nothing but headaches & embarrasing moments since i got it 1 year ago. It's a beautiful car but too bad the engine sucks. If there is a class action suit..count me in.  

craigrx8 craigrx8
Posted: 07/19/09
10:24 AM

I own a 2004 RX8 that i bought it 6 months ago 2/15/09. You can add my name to your lawsuit against mazda because my RX8 has been in the shop more than i have had it. So far i have had new strut,new rear wheel bearing,new tires,new transmission, and had it in the shop at least 6 times and i am calling them again tomorrow 7/19/09 because of the constant stalling. Something has to be done because we don't have money to throw away. please email me if you hear anymore on the lawsuit-cjeror1@twcny.rr.com                                                                                                                                                                                                               Thank you:Craig  

superstar_kay superstar_kay
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/20/09
06:06 PM

I found this site about ten minutes ago and haven't been able to stop reading. I've noticed a lot of ya'll complaining about the Rx8 are mostly 05 and 04 owner a few 06 and mostly preowned. I have news for you! This problem has not stopped.

My fiance bought a brand new 2007 Mazda RX8, when doing so he purchased the $2300.00 extended warranty (60 mos./100,000 miles). His car has been at the Mazda dealership for over a month now and it was at a shop for another month previous to that. How did this happen? Well the same as all of you. He was at a red light when it turned green he shifted into first and began to move... or tried to. He was on his way to work and never made it. He was able to idle the car to a friend's house whom happened to live near by (thankfully) where he called my brother to come and tow his car.

It took only a couple of weeks for them to tell us that the engine needed to be replaced. Then it took them abother week to tell  us that they would not be covering it under the warranty. Although after much much trying we have been able to scrape, literally scrape, up the money to get a new engine for the car. I do not feel that I should rest until more is accomplished. Especially after reading this.

This is absolutely ridiculous! I would like to join any movement taken to knock Mazda down. Whether it's a lawsuit or a petition or whatever. I want to join in. Please if anyone is still on this site, lets get together and do this.  

First |  Prev |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com