1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

RX-8 Lawsuit

| 
MW_in_Texas MW_in_Texas
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 06/12/07
10:04 AM

There are too many engine problems with these new cars. I am experiencing engine outages on mine that has 28k. It is not acceptable!

Something needs to be officially addressed to Mazda by RX-8 owners.

Let me know if you are interested. I am not a legal pro, but we can get together and approach Mazda.

Studentlaw2006@hotmail.com.

Marcia
2005 Mazda RX 8 owner  

Murf Murf
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 06/21/07
11:51 PM

If you are taking action in the form of a "Class Action Suit" against Mazda regarding the Mazda RX-8 engine problems in particular Mazda's insistant use of 5W-20 Motor Oil in the Rotary engine. All research I have come across point to the same conclusion, that the use of the overly thin 5W-20 motor Oil that Mazda uses on all rotary engine oil changes can and has paved the way to premature engine rebuilds. My car is a 2006 RX-8 Shinka 6-SP with 2550K miles, yes the milage is correct, it equates to about 50 miles a week. I have had (4) Oil changes in the year in have owned the car, Every (3) Months. The last one I had done the dealership didn't even change the oil filter, I marked it with a marker and sure enough when I picked the car up from the dealership the old filter was still being used, I was a little hot to say the least. Anyway I will continue to use 5W-20 engine oil  untill it is decided that a thicker or synthetic blend can be used with out voiding the warranty. I paid cash when I bought it new off the showroom floor, but I certainly would not want my warranty voided. If you are starting a Class Action Law Suit or now off people starting one I would like to be included. Ever wonder why the Warranty is 3 years or 36K miles originally? Now they are 5 years or 50K or 60K. I hope we can make a difference in this endevor.

Mdmliberty@comcast.net
Mark
2006 Mazda RX-8 owner  

rx8monster rx8monster
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 07/17/07
12:38 PM

ive always questioned the use of 5w-20 motor oil and would ask myself many times why cant synthetic be used?  i used synthetic in my rx-7 and it ran smoother,  got better gas mileage and never had a problem.  i own a 2005 mazda rx-8 and its at 25,000 miles now and i havent had a problem with my dealership or my car besides factory recalls such as the spark plugs.  rotary engines are very fragile and in my opinion problems with the engine might be due to poor maintenece or over revving the car constantly or racing a little too much.  u need to drive the car for atleast 5-6,000 miles to allow the seals to work themselves in properly.  i live in new york and the nearest mazda dealership is almsot 2 hours from me and they have never done me wrong,  infact they always take more time and effort to work on my car due to it be an rx-8.    i have a 6 year or 75,000 mile warranty so if u have a different warranty maybe paying a little extra would help to your cause.  im not trying to get people mad at me but the rx-8 is a great car and i love everything about it, probably due to me owning an rx-7 originally, so its nice to know that there are sites like this so people can talk about rx-8 problems but for me i havent had none except the tires, dunlops, that i will only get about 26,000 miles on them.

savior22784@hotmail.com
Pat
2005 mazda rx-8 owner  

zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 07/25/07
04:53 AM

Dear Marcia, I have had my my car at the Dealership so many times that they know who I am over the phone.
I have also contacted the Headquarter's and spoke with Brian Collins, and he was no help at all (In fact he was rude).
I would be very interested in participating in addressing this with Mazda.
In 2003 Mazda offered a buy back on 2004 RX-8s (which is the year my car is). I was never notified of a buy back offer.
I found this information on Consumeraffairs.com. Let me know if you want to try to do something about this.

Denise  

MW_in_Texas MW_in_Texas
Posted: 08/13/07
07:17 AM

August 13, 2007 - Update!

I have received two emails from rx-8 owners who have experience unacceptable and major issues with their cars. This is unacceptable for new cars under factory warranty.
My RX8 is in the shop again because it died in Texas hot weather!
This will be the 3rd time it's in and I don't expect a fix all though you never know.
Please do email me if you want to be added to the list. I am in the State of Texas.

I am very persistent and I will follow up on the idea of making Mazda responsible for making a Lemon product. The more owners we can get together, the better!!

I am not a lawyer, by the way. Just a student.

Marcia
studentlaw2006@hotmail.com  

MW_in_Texas MW_in_Texas
07:19 AM

Dear Denise,

Send me your email and I will add you name to the list. Which state are you in?

I will follow up with this if I can get enough names. My 2005 RX 28k miles died again on Friday. It is in the shop again.

Regards,
Marcia  

MW_in_Texas MW_in_Texas
07:21 AM

Thank, Mark. I will add your name. Could you send me an email to studentlaw2006@hotmail.com. What state are you in, by the way?
I am in Texas.

Thanks,
Marcia  

mzdaiscrap mzdaiscrap
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/21/07
02:12 PM

Marcia,

My name is Mariam.  I am in Oklahoma and frequently visit the Reynolds Mazda dealership in the city of Norman.  I am actually taking my RX-8 in for the EXACT SAME THING tomorrow morning!  My RX-8 also engine dies in hot weather.  I, as the rest of you, have worked very hard to enjoy life driving a nice looking vehicle and Mazda should make this right.  I have a hard time accepting that my 2005 RX-8 (with less than 20k miles) is LESS dependable than my in-laws 1996 Toyota Camry.

I am VERY interested in a classaction lawsuit.  If you contact me at soonerfied@cox.net I will give you my contact info.

Thanks!  

idesides idesides
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/21/07
08:13 PM

Marcia et al:

Read the threads on the Mazda RX8 stalling problems.  They're all the same.  Every Mazda dealership, every Mazda mechanic, and every Mazda executive knows about this problem.  I suggest you report your problems to NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).  I suspect the dirty little secret is that Mazda is quietly buying these cars back at somewhere between trade in and used car retail prices for anyone that makes enough of an issue about it.  At this point, I think it's a major safety issue, considering the fact that there have been recalls on this car, and the problem is still not fixed.  My car stalled out in hot weather and the dealership can't even tell me why it happened.  That's scary.  A class action will take a long time to work out.  I suggest putting more pressure on Mazda by filing the complaint with NHTSA and then badgering Mazda.  Tell them you're calling about a buy back because the car is legitimately dangerous.  Also, consider exploring your state's Lemon Law.  Most states have them.  Some are more robust than others.  Good luck.  Ides.  

Beachgirl7 Beachgirl7
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/28/07
06:51 AM

Dear all:  I too am a disgusted owner of a 2005 Mazda RX8- Engine failure at 30,000 miles, engine replaced at a dealer incorrectly, had to immediately go in again for another engine replacement at another dealership!  My car (not even 2 years old) has now had 3 engines!  I have been very aggressive with Mazda Customer Service about buying the car back, extending the warranty, etc. , but they just blow me off and don't call me back-  I would like to try the suggestion mentioned by the last poster (reporting to NHTSA)and any other suggestions you have- I was very disturbed to read a separate blog saying that Mazda will disregard any Mazda survey results from Mazda RX8 owners because they know they will be so bad!   This total disregard of RX8 owners is a final slap in the face.  I would be interested in any ideas from my fellow disgruntled car owners- Thank you!  My e-mail for contact is:  terri7777nj@yahoo.com   Terri  

rx4speed rx4speed
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/29/07
10:45 PM

I would like to join or start a Law suit. If you like please contact me ASAP
Email me at "rx4speed@yahoo.com"
Shane Confused  

speedkills speedkills
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/07/07
10:36 PM

i own a 2006 rx8,20k miles. i have never had major mechanical problems as of yet other then recalls and acouple of times it didnt start the first time when i turned the key. i enjoy this car alot and love the idea of a rotary engine. i must agree that the use of 5-20 oil is not right for this car. when i first bought this car i was putting synthec oil by mistake because the dealer ship didnt tell me about the kind of oil to put in this car.(i change my own oil and filters) and me being a hobby mechanic i just figure a sports car like this would take synthecs, only when one of my buddys who used to work as a mazda mechanic told me that synthecs would ruin my apex seals over time, did i stop using it.he also told me about other rx8's that needed to tolled to the shop every week due the car dieing on the owners. he did give me a tip tho, he told me to drive this car like a mad man, due to the nature of a rotary engine it loves high revs, so i took his suggestion and never had any problems with this car since then. i think the problem is the dealers will tell you all the great things about this car but at the same time this car has alot of faults. Better education is needed for these engines, dealers should tell you about what you are about to spend your hard earned money on. i didnt do alot of research when i bought this car and only after i have purchased it did i do research on the rotary engine. Definite improvements need to happen on this engine. examples(way better cooling, different oil, and other things ive noticed that i cant think of right now) but over all a good car.

i hope this lawsuit works for you guys and im not joking when i say this.
good luck.  

MW_in_Texas MW_in_Texas
Posted: 10/08/07
07:16 PM

I am glad yours is working out. My new engine seems fine...for now  Tongue  

paininthe*ssmazda paininthe*ssmazda
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 11/04/07
10:46 PM

I have just had my 2005 RX-8 towed to the dealer for the third time for the same engine problem.  I am also in Texas, but my car has 56k miles on it and is no longer under warranty.  I didn't buy my car new from a dealer; it had approximately 29k miles on it when I bought it and was around 35k when it started with the engine problems. The first 2 times it was under warranty, this time it's not. I'm curious to see how they're going to explain this one.

If you are planning to get together on pressuring Mazda about these defective engines, or are considering a class action lawsuit, please include me in.  My email is shrink111@msn.com.  Thanks.  Susan  

craigito craigito
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/15/07
10:03 AM

Guys,

I bought my car in 6 months ago, after warranty, because the engine was driving sluggish and the engine light was on. Mazda service put new coils on and when i got in my car the check engine light instantly came on. Great repair job! I immediately took it back to Mazda service and they said they made a mistake and they replaced the spark plugs. Couple weeks later the check engine light came back on, but i wasnt able to return for a couple months later until 3 weeks ago. I brought it in and they replaced my cat. convertor which was under warranty b/c i now have 72k miles. Got lucky. 2 days later my check engine light came back on and I was livid. I took it in and they said they knew what the problem was. They replaced something and i told them to drive it for 2 days and find the root of the problem and stop reading what the computer says. They just called me saying the intake valve(i think) needs to be replaced. The part is 1600 dollars and they have to pull the whole engine out in order to do this make the total cost 3600. What can i do about this?  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com