Xml
Item Posts   

GARAGE DOOR OPENERS 2007 CHEVY IMPALA

| 
FLT2468 FLT2468
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/22/07
08:30 PM

My new Impala LTZ does not have a HomeLink home entry system, although the salesman lead me to believe that the 3 button system would open home garage doors and community entry gates. After failed attempts following the instructions, I called the garage door maker who told me the system installed was a Lear Car2U transmitter that cannot "learn" the code from most existing garage doors. Our other cars had HomeLink and had no problem with garage doors at both our homes.

The true HomeLink is trademarked and has 3 buttons but one signal light. The copy-cat system has 3 buttons and a tiny light above each button.
It went into the 2007 Chevy Impala after Sept 2006. Car2U sells a converter box to wire into your garage ceiling unit, so the signal the car transmits will be picked up. The community gate in another matter. There is no way the community will allow a converter to be wired to the Linear Security System.

I would like to have the whole thing ripped out of the car and put in the HomeLink. Has anyone else been fooled by the copy-cat system?  

jimarcia jimarcia
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/30/07
12:18 PM

The instructions in the owner's manual don't work at all. I successfully programmed my 2007 Chevy Impala SS to operate with a Lear Car2U transmitter and a new Craftsman  "screw type" door opener by doing the following:
1. Ignition key "on"
2. Press the two outer buttons momentarily
3. Press the Garage opener "learn Button"
4. Press and hold the desired button selected
5. The garage door should operate.
Let me know if it works  

car2Usupport car2Usupport
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 12/04/07
12:37 PM

Thank you for your interest in the Universal Home Remote product. Additional help is available to assist you with any programming issues or questions.

If your product has 3 LED lights, please refer to www.learcar2u.com or call 1-866-57Car2U for additional support.

Sincerely,

The Lear Car2U Team  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com