Xml
Item Posts   

2002-2004 Jeep Liberty Engine Misfire

| 
dcs_unique1 dcs_unique1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/08/07
12:07 PM

My problem is lengthy if anyone can help please advise.   I have a 02 Liberty v6 with 98k miles on it.  A couple months ago I started getting a misfire in the number 6 cyl.  The misfire would only occur when the car sits longer than an hour.  After some driving with it either cutting off or by turning it off, a restart causes the misfire to disappear.  While misfiring I can't accelerate past 3000rpm.  I took it to the dealer where they said it was probably carbon built up on the exhaust valve and proceeded to charge me 450 dollars to "CLEAN" them.  3 Weeks later now i'm being told that I need a 2500 head job.   I'm fairly confident that I can pull the heads and send them to be machined but is there something else that I can check.  Dealer says PCM is strong and all the injectors are firing.  Is a 2 week head job really the solution.  Anyone with a similiar problem?  

olsonkdo olsonkdo
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/10/07
05:21 AM

I have a 05 Liberty with only 24k miles and am having the same problem. I have alreay had the head work done as it's still under warranty. They replaced the valve locks on the heads saying that's what's causing the misfire. Now I have more major problems. I was out of town about 3 hours from home when it started loosing power and skipping and making a loud clanking noise. As we speak they are replacing the cams the rocker arms and the liftetrs. I think these problems were caused when they worked on the heads the first time but this dealership is really not saying or pointing fingers. I don't know what to tell you about your problem except I'm having the same problems and the jeep is only 2 years old. Any input would be helpful.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2012 Jeep Liberty
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
Not Available Not Available

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com