Prev |  1 |  2
Item Posts   

Audi gas tank leak

| 
waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4549 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 02/08/10
07:44 PM

leaking fuel tanks... is a real safety issue...

owners of leaker might want to take the time to fill out the form at this link

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/

it is the only way the government can build up enough data to get a recall done..

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/  

hernznorma hernznorma
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/11
Posted: 05/26/11
11:42 PM

Same problem here..I've done changing parts that need to be replaced but nothings happen. So i decided to bring it to an auto mechanic. And its okay now..

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4549 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 05/27/11
03:16 AM

just thinking... fuel tanks are probably classified as an emission part..  especially since when they leak... they release emissions.. as unburned fuel...

they might be covered under the 100,000 mile emissions warrantee.. how long the warrantee is depends on the year .. i think the newer cars have it slightly less..

i would sure want to verify the operation of the fuel vapor system..  

Marilyn Brown Marilyn Brown
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/15
Posted: 07/25/15
08:17 PM

My 2002 Pre-Owned Certified A-6 Audi had that gas smell too every time I filled up my tank, which i did not do often unless I was on a trip that took several hours to complete. The first thing is that my mechanic assured me that the car was not going to explode like it does in the movies.  It would take more than someone tossing a cigarette out of their car to make your car explode. Although, I was playing Russian roulette at times at my home with those gas fumes. The fumes were very dangerous inside of our garage at home.  It was 1 of the 4 connectors that is connected to the gas tank that was broken. I was bracing my self for a crazy bill of say 2800 (which would have included a new gas tank). I got lucky(i think) and it was 1400.00 instead.  They took the under belly or under carriage of the body of the car apart. Repaired the part, and put the car back together, without ordering a unnecessary expensive gas tank. Aside from that incident and the clutch going out in 2009 my car has been in pretty good shape and has been running well.  No no check engine light on either.  YEAH!!!  

Prev |  1 |  2
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: