Xml
Item Posts   

fuel gauge is still not accurate

| 
llihkao llihkao
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/13/07
07:32 AM

I HAVE A '99 GMC SIERRA, 5.3L 4WD EXT CAB PICKUP.  MY FUEL GAUGE BECAME ERRATIC AND NOT ACCURATE.  I CHECKED THE FUEL PUMP AND IT WAS FINE.  I REPLACED THE SENDING UNIT WITH A NEW GM UNIT AND NOW THE FUEL GAUGE IS STILL NOT ACCURATE, BUT IT IS NOT ERRATIC.  ORIGIANLLY THE FUEL GAUGE PEGGED ALL THE WAY PAST THE FULL MARK SO I CHECKED THE WIRING TO MAKE SURE IT WAS NOT SHORTED OUT SOMEWHERE AND FOUND NOTHING.  I REMOVED THE FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY FROM THE TANK AND MANUALLY MOVED THE FLOAT UP AND DOWN TO SEE IF THE GAUGE WOULD RESPOND.  IT DID RESPOND.  I REASSEMBLE THE FUEL TANK AND PUMP ASSEMBLY, PUT THE BED BACK ON AND THE FUEL GAUGE HAND STAYED PAST THE FULL MARK FOR QUITE A WHILE THEN IT GRADUALLY BEGAN TO DROP AS FUEL WAS USED FROM THE TANK.  IT'S NOW STAYING AT JUST ABOVE THE HALF FULL MARK.  MY PROBLEM IS THAT I KNOW THERE'S LESS FUEL IN THE TANK THAN THE FUEL GAUGE SHOWS AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.  PLEASE HELP.  

mack-#001 mack-#001
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/23/07
02:28 PM

Have you recieved any replies? I have the same thing occurring. I also replaced my fuel pump twice recently. mack12stock@yahoo.com Mack  

sunnyside sunnyside
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 04/18/07
11:25 AM

Hah, funny thing about that. The sending unit in my Dodge wasn't right -- Say ing that it had less than it did. Soon by 40,000 mile it was gone. A friend had the same thing going on and he paid $300 for the new sending unit and it was gone a year later. I knew I could go about 450 miles to a tank, so I just filled up about every 400 miles. At 149,000 miles, the computer went and I now only have the oil pressure, Temp and voltage gauges. But that's all I need, I bought a cummins because I'm like a farmer and all I care about is that it starts up in the morning. Hay, I've got a page within my web-site called - It's only junk; you may get a kick out of it. Just Goolgle MyStupidRules
(You can find the link off the journal entries)  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com