1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

NEED HELP/ADVICE! dealer license

| 
ITSTRUE526 ITSTRUE526
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/05
Posted: 12/26/05
08:03 AM

I sold 11 cars this past year...and I am running into a unique problem...my state only allows 4...i have manage to put the sales in other people names, but I dont want to have to do this next year (or ever again)...

i have looked into a dealers license and the state has alot of requirements that really dont apply to Joe Schmoe Car Seller...for ex you need to be incorporated, have a lot (seperate from residence), sign, a bond, etc...this just seems ridiculous to me...and i keep finding sites where people want me to pay them for a little help...

Does anyone know of an easy way to get a dealers license or a state who makes htis process easy...im not doing this to make a quick buck, i sell the cars for friends and take a small commission for my efforts, i dont have alot of capital or want to spend alot for being a nice guy...

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated...

THANKS!!!  

tommy m tommy m
Enthusiast | Posts: 327 | Joined: 12/05
Posted: 12/26/05
10:35 PM

ITSTRUE526 wrote:
I sold 11 cars this past year...and I am running into a unique problem...my state only allows 4...i have manage to put the sales in other people names, but I dont want to have to do this next year (or ever again)...

i have looked into a dealers license and the state has alot of requirements that really dont apply to Joe Schmoe Car Seller...for ex you need to be incorporated, have a lot (seperate from residence), sign, a bond, etc...this just seems ridiculous to me...and i keep finding sites where people want me to pay them for a little help...

Does anyone know of an easy way to get a dealers license or a state who makes htis process easy...im not doing this to make a quick buck, i sell the cars for friends and take a small commission for my efforts, i dont have alot of capital or want to spend alot for being a nice guy...

THANKS!!!
u kno any one with a lot /plus if u dont make any $$ then u can sale as many as u want  

orbit orbit
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/06
Posted: 01/04/06
10:13 AM

You had posted a question below, and I wondered if you had had any advice that you would be willing to share with me to asnwer your question below:

ORBIT
Dallas, TX

[img]http://orbitorange.net/images/goldbarlogo.png">

usautobargains usautobargains
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/06
Posted: 01/11/06
06:40 PM

Hello Itstrue526,

I have had a dealers license in the state of Michigan for about 10 years now, and what I do for a few people is I allow them to buy and sell cars through my license, but I charge them a $400 buyers/sellers fee.

In our state this is completly legal and it works out very well for all involved. This is something that you might be able to look into in your own state.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Trevor  

jd0245 jd0245
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 03/29/06
07:45 PM

Hello,
I am interested in discussing with you the idea of using your license to buy/sell.  I am in Ohio.  Please contact me at jd0245@usa.com
Thanks  

tolu10 tolu10
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 04/30/06
04:04 AM

I am interested in working with you and working something out. tolu10@hotmail.com  

autojoe autojoe
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/05/06
12:37 AM

I would be very interested in your program.  Can you contact me at airjoe2001@yahoo.com  

mjordan09 mjordan09
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/02/06
04:03 PM

Hey I'm very interested in your program. I'm located in East Lansing, MI. If you can, please contact me at jordan17@msu.edu.

Thanks,
    Mark  

jasonj79 jasonj79
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/10/06
04:51 AM

That is very easy to get around.  I will tell you how to do it if you want to know.  Just email me at jasonj79@comcast.net.  

You won't need a dealers license.  Just need to know how to not walk in snow when you got big hoofs.  

DonMassey DonMassey
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/21/06
09:27 PM

Every state has a limitation on the number of cars that can be sold.  It is as low as ZERO to as high as 12. (for profit sales).

Your state would probably consider what you're doing a violation of state laws.  The laws are written to protect the consumer and the dealers.  The dealers do not want the average Joe to compete with them.  They don't think it's fair because "Joe" has not invested the hundreds if not millions of dollars in a lot and inventory.  And the state legislatures have agreed with them.

There is NO easy way to obtain a license.  In some states you can act as an agent for a dealer, as noted in other posts on this forum.  Check with your state licensing division.  You cannot however be an agent for a dealership from another state.  You're doing business in your state and must comply with the laws in your state.

I am a car wholesaler in Colorado.  This allows me to go to all the auctions.  I then resell the cars to dealers, usually mom and pop operations.  I can also put cars on consignment with dealers.  Good profits and no hassles dealing with consumers.  I am licensed to operate my business from my home.

Hope the info helps.

Don Massey  

msmea msmea
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/19/07
12:55 PM

How does the wholesaler license work is it the same as a dealer? Do you need the same requirements e.g. land (zoning pending) bonds, insurance  etc.

Thanks  

Ic3m4n Ic3m4n
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/19/07
03:37 PM

Icon Quotemsmea:
How does the wholesaler license work is it the same as a dealer? Do you need the same requirements e.g. land (zoning pending) bonds, insurance  etc.<br><br>Thanks

No, you do not have all the same requiremtns as a regular dealer to wholesale, but at the same time you are not allowed to sell to the public with that license.  

itsphoenix06 itsphoenix06
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/28/07
10:38 PM

can your license work in san diego?

let me know at itsphoenix06@netscape.net  

dhamra dhamra
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/11/07
10:22 PM

Icon Quote:
can your license work in san diego?

let me know at itsphoenix06@netscape.net

I am also interested if the license will work in San Diego. What did you find out? I am interested in Motorcycles and Scooters only.
Thanks  

cgipson1418 cgipson1418
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/26/07
09:03 PM

Icon Quoteorbit:
You had posted a question below, and I wondered if you had had any advice that you would be willing to share with me to asnwer your question below:<br /><br />Does anyone know of an easy way to get a dealers license or a state who makes htis process easy...im not doing this to make a quick buck, i sell the cars for friends and take a small commission for my efforts, i dont have alot of capital or want to spend alot for being a nice guy...<br /><br />Any help or suggestion would be appreciated...<br />ORBIT<br />Dallas, TX<a target="_blank" title="mailto:classic8888@comcast.net" href="mailto:classic8888@comcast.net"><br /> </a>  

I have done this in the past as well.  I charge 350.00  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com