Xml
Item Posts   

Bangle Butt It's Still Alive

| 
wtsang wtsang
User | Posts: 121 | Joined: 01/05
Posted: 02/03/05
02:20 PM

BMW recently did a midlife reface of their 7-series and by their words "toned" down the Bangle butt, though of course they don't openly admit to making any design mistake.  But as far as I can tell the Bangle Butt is still there, maybe a little less, but there's no hiding it. What do you guys think of Bangle's designs?  Mistake or cutting edge?

800 3

krichards krichards
New User | Posts: 23 | Joined: 01/05
02:24 PM

Wasnt the biggest fan of the new 7 when it first arrived, but it has recently grown on me more and more. So they made more changes. The car lost some of its sporty edge if you ask me.

And those wheels have got to go.  

Powerglide Powerglide
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/05
02:26 PM

Mother always said it's what's on the inside that counts, meaning today's BMWs suck for a more substantial reason: iDrive.

Either way, BMW is following GM's policy of rewarding incompetence.  Bangle just got promoted.

wtsang wtsang
User | Posts: 121 | Joined: 01/05
02:45 PM

Well I read that Bangle's "promotion" was a thinly guised way of taking him out of the design loop so that he would no longer be directly involved with the design.  BMW's way of admitting the design direction mistake, without admitting a mistake.  On the new 3 series they purposely made sure they did not Bangle anything on it.

E90 400

Bluestreak-#002 Bluestreak-#002
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 02/05
02:53 PM

Why can't they just give us the freakin 1992 3-series again?  I sure wouldn't mind.  That's as good as a BMW is ever gonna look, handle, or feel.  Newer is not better -- something Porsche already seems to have admitted with their 2005 911.

And what's up with the 2-series -- are we getting it or not?  The news seems to change by the day.  The last word was 2008, I think.  Even a 225Ci would sound like a ton of fun, and BMW couldn't price it much more than $25K.

blitwack blitwack
User | Posts: 101 | Joined: 01/05
Posted: 02/07/05
10:36 AM

I thought BMW was releasing a 1-series as opposed to a 2-series. Well I suppose Bimmer does have a 1 or 2 series already, some call it the Mini Cooper. I liked the Bangle Butt, the 7-series is losin' some edge now.

TerCeliCamry TerCeliCamry
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/05
Posted: 02/07/05
11:46 AM

The 2-series is the two-door version of the 1-series, to follow BMW's policy of putting even numbers on 2-door cars -- a policy they're about to violate by not making a 4-series.

Anyway, it's supposed to be a performance car since going cheap/economical would hurt their image, so they might just give us an M2.

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: