Xml
Item Posts   

Need alignment with new tires?

| 
zuben zuben
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/05
Posted: 08/31/05
10:59 AM

I am getting four new tires for my 2000 Camry LE V6 and I want to know if I need to get an alignment at the same time.  The current tires show no obvious signs of uneven wear although I need new tires because of the wear.  Mileage is 38,000.

Thanks

zuben  

cbassett01 cbassett01
New User | Posts: 47 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 03/15/06
01:26 PM

I wouldn't think you'd need to, but I'm not a tire expert... this is from my own personal experience.  (A while ago, I purchased a '95 ford Taurus sedan with 93k on it and had he tires changed shortly after I purchased it, and DIDN'T get an alignment job done.  Ran it for about 55k and had no problems with the tires or tire-wearing problems at all.  Then I sold the car due to engine problems...)  but anyway, I'd get an opinion at a tire shop to see if your car needs it, otherwise, save the cash for a later repair or need.

I mean, it depends on what type of vehicle you drive and how you drive it.   If you drive in town a lot (and go in and out of a lot of parking lots or drive ways, an alignment might be a good idea... but then again if you only drive on the highway and are careful about things like potholes and big bumps, then you might be ok without an alignment.

The only time you should really need an alignment (or other work) is if your car doesn't drive "correctly" (meaning, it pulls to one side, the wheel shakes, there is extra noise coming from the wheels, etc).  It's sort of hard to tell because each car is different and each person drives their car differently, and differences can mean one person's suggestion/situation may or may not work for another person.  If you don't mind spending the extra cash, then get it done, but if you're on a tight budget, get an opinion and a quote.  Some places will do a balance and alignment for free (or discounted) with 4-tire purchases.  

Rapid Robert Rapid Robert
Enthusiast | Posts: 328 | Joined: 01/06
Posted: 03/15/06
02:04 PM

If you leave the decission to the tire shop, they will always sell you an alinement, regardless if you really needed one or not. They want to make sure that things are as good as can be, they don't want complaints from you latter and want that extra work. Overall an linement would be a prefered way to go to help protect your investment. With that being said ask yourself the following questions to help to decide.If you have been rotating your tires every other oil change (6,000 to 8,000 Miles), maintained proper air pressure and and all 4 tires are equaly worn, vehicle tracks straight, then you are more than likley not in need of an alinement. If any of the items I decribed are not happenning, then by all means invest in the alinement.  

moto2000 moto2000
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 04/03/06
11:13 AM

Yes. For $50-70 you can make sure that you're tires will wear right.
Now that you have some miles on your car the suspenision parts are going to have some wear. I'm in the business but im not making any money off my advice.
Trust me its worth the money.  

joela joela
Guru | Posts: 1514 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 04/04/06
09:54 AM

Icon Quotezuben:
I am getting four new tires for my 2000 Camry LE V6 and I want to know if I need to get an alignment at the same time.  The current tires show no obvious signs of uneven wear although I need new tires because of the wear.  Mileage is 38,000.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />zuben

I'm with moto. I tend to get my alighnment checked when I get new tires. Yeah, cost extra but rather pay up now than later if the new ones suddenly start to wear out faster.  

5569 5569
Administrator | Posts: 139 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 06/23/06
02:41 AM

Yes check the alignment.  It's a new setup.  So do yourself a favor.  I didn't do this just out of laziness, which was a mistake.  

Mike7HB Mike7HB
User | Posts: 54 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/16/06
05:16 AM

If money is not tight then i would get the alighnment. It's cheaper than new tires.  

thefife thefife
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/08/06
08:07 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with the dudes and ladies who wrote in saying you don't need an alignment unless the vehicle needs it. Unless you are wealthy and have lots of extra cash you want to donate to the local economy why waste money?  Unless the car has an obvious front end problem, pulling to left or right or there is uneven wear showing why waste money?
  It was mentioned before in this thread and very good point: save your money for when there is a real problem with your car. Car repairs and maintenance are very expensive as it is without fixing things that don't need fixing.
  Then we have another senario where you pay for a new alignment that didn't need it and the dub who does the alighnment screws it all up.
  I've had that happen; I rest my case.  

infinite12 infinite12
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/29/09
07:15 AM

Here you have data for Toyota Camry Solara V6 Convertible (2008)

ICDB - Internet car database  

Anthony_MPM Anthony_MPM
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 06/01/09
08:31 PM

if you have even tire wear and no issues with the vehicle pulling while driving why waste the money  
Anthony
www.mypersonalmechanic.net

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com