Xml
Item Posts   

WINDSHIELD WIPERS

| 
splstl1 splstl1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/05
Posted: 08/16/05
08:29 AM

I have a 1998 chevy s10 Blazer the front windshield wipers had been hard to turn off acting eratic now they wont turn on, whats wrong.

Johnswiftm Johnswiftm
Enthusiast | Posts: 657 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 08/16/05
07:06 PM

It could be the control circuit board on the wiper motor.

The Wiper Circuit Board is Easily replaced.

Its only one connector to remove and one screw to remove from the cover and you gently pry it out.  it can actually be re-soldered in most cases.

have a look.

CAM00522 Zps9p1bvzg1

Hint. also move the ground wire from the wiper hold down bolt to a different bolt on the firewall if it will reach.  

bjwand bjwand
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/05
Posted: 08/30/05
10:38 PM

I also have a 98 chevy S10 blazer plus a 94 chevy full-size Silverado pickup. Both vehicles started hving problems with the wiper blades last year,  around inspection time. They wouldn't turn on, erratic, etc. The local auto parts house had the parts. For the pickup it was only $40 for just the circuit board. I bought it and replaced it myself.  For the Blazer it was $85 for the wiper motor and the circuit board. All I wanted was the circuit board but they only sold the complete unit. I bought the complete unit and tried to replace it myself. Not so simple. Wound up cracking the windshield. I took it to my mechanic. He said the board that went into the pickup is the same board that goes in the blazer. AND he had a spare in stock. I had him replace the board (for less than what the unit cost), returned the complete unit to the auto parts house and got my money back, and it's been working well ever since.

Just buy the circuit board and replace it yourself.  It's in a small box mounted to the wiper motor in the engine compartment on the driver's side. It's easy.

amberroseroberts amberroseroberts
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/06
Posted: 01/01/06
09:41 PM

I have a 98 blazer and the wipers still sorta work I can see them trying to move they just dont go verry far. Do you think it's the same problem?

Rebecca Anderson Rebecca Anderson
New User | Posts: 16 | Joined: 03/15
Posted: 03/20/15
10:49 AM

No Its not the same problem Roberts. Your wipers need to replace ASAP. Bad wipers can ruin your Windshield. So go to nearest auto-parts store and having replace them.
And try Windshield wiper protectors by BladeShield

Bladeshield  
Best Windshield Wipers

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: