Xml
Item Posts   

Jeep overheating

| 
GregM65 GregM65
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 07/21/05
12:29 PM

The electric cooling fan on my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.0 Litre) works intermittantly resulting in an overheating problem.  The fan and module have been replaced, but the problem persisits. Any solutions?

Johnswiftm Johnswiftm
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 07/05
02:37 PM

Could be the sensor on the engine not telling the computer the proper temp.  

pauto pauto
User | Posts: 218 | Joined: 05/05
04:07 PM

When does it overheat? driving down the road or sitting at idle  

rusher rusher
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/30/06
10:54 AM

both.... sometimes the fan kicks on and when it idles with air.. or without air on it still get up to the point where it shouldnt get hot so quickly... mine gets hot to quickly... and i dont know what do and another question when the electronic thing on the top of the roof... says peform service and theres no service to preform then what i *** ahh questions... good luck  

automotivejtm-#001 automotivejtm-#001
Guru | Posts: 1019 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 05/31/06
09:36 AM

that electronic thing is programmed to come on every 3000 miles or so as a reminder to do your basic maintenance.  As Johnswift pointed out, it could be your ect temp sensor or a fan switch

It might not be a fan problem, it might be a bad water pump, thermostat, or maybe just an air pocket in your cooling system.  

FBM357 FBM357
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/07/06
03:23 AM

This is the second time I'm replacing the module within 3 years or so.  One thing I noticed, both times it went bad was during inclimate weather and when I had to use the defroster (don't know if this a coincidence or what).  As for the module, did you have to go to a Jeep dealer or did you find it at an auto supply store?

Thanks,

FBM  

rusher rusher
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 06/17/06
07:34 AM

we replaced the sensor thats located underneath the right headlight and bumper.  the thormostat has been replaced... i once thought i could be the water pump but would that be the thing to make it over heat while it idles??... i found out some recent recalls that will be fixed by wednesday these are something to do with the exhaust manifold debris that could cause a fire... so if you all havent got it fixed get it done its free cause its a recall and another one would be the pcm or something to do with the computer glich to make the preform service light go out so what should i do that would be the cheapest route

Thanks,
RuShEr  

JeepDriver JeepDriver
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/22/07
09:05 PM

just a thought, your problem sounds like i was going through, mine overheats extremely fast unless i'm going like 50 or 60 to keep it cooled down, my problem was the radiator fan in jeeps are *** so we brought it into the dealership today, and found out there was a recall on our 2002 grand cherokee for the radiator fan, but it turns out that the radiator fan relay is also *** and is completely useless, so they are replacing that as well for 300.00 we pick up the jeep tommorow, just something you might want to check into  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com