Xml
Item Posts   

Nissan Frontier 4 cyl

| 
gibbcutter gibbcutter
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/05
Posted: 06/28/05
11:31 AM

I am considering the 4 cylinder Nissan Frontier.  I don't plan on going offroad or hauling anything.  Truck will be mostly used for traveling to work..about 10 miles...and back.  The 4 cylinder will be 2 wheel drive.  Any feedback, suggestions, would be appreciated.  Thanks.
gibbcutter

frankrizzo-#002 frankrizzo-#002
User | Posts: 59 | Joined: 05/05
08:57 PM

gibbcutter wrote:
I am considering the 4 cylinder Nissan Frontier. I don't plan on going offroad or hauling anything. Truck will be mostly used for traveling to work..about 10 miles...and back. The 4 cylinder will be 2 wheel drive. Any feedback, suggestions, would be appreciated. Thanks.
gibbcutter
 are talking new used or CPO gibbcutter?

frankrizzo-#002 frankrizzo-#002
User | Posts: 59 | Joined: 05/05
09:00 PM

frankrizzo wrote:
Icon Quote gibbcutter wrote:
I am considering the 4 cylinder Nissan Frontier. I don't plan on going offroad or hauling anything. Truck will be mostly used for traveling to work..about 10 miles...and back. The 4 cylinder will be 2 wheel drive. Any feedback, suggestions, would be appreciated. Thanks.
gibbcutter
are talking new used or CPO gibbcutter?
in any case have you looked at the Toyotas - the resale on Toyotas is always stronger than almost any make and if you are putting such low miles you might want to get a CPO so you get the warranty but if you put it back on market in two years with only  (5daysx10milex2waysx12monthsx2years=) 2400 miles on it say then you will have driven the car for free most likely as you might be able to get close to what you paid.

gibbcutter gibbcutter
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/05
Posted: 06/29/05
04:51 AM

Icon Quote
What is CPO...never heard of that term...?  Plan on buying new.
ED

BMWDude BMWDude
User | Posts: 84 | Joined: 02/05
08:36 AM

gibbcutter wrote:
Icon Quote
What is CPO...never heard of that term...? Plan on buying new.
ED

CPO stands for Certified Pre-Owned.  Strict standards are imposed on certified pre-owned cars, including age, mileage, condition, and title history. For a vehicle to pass, a candidate must also fit the manufacturer’s idea of good condition, which is determined by its score on those much-advertised multi-point inspections. The end result, at least in theory, is a certified car that could pass for new in every way except for the reading on its odometer.  

StompSoCal StompSoCal
New User | Posts: 23 | Joined: 06/05
09:24 AM

I drove a V6 Tacoma and generally liked it except for the usual Toyota antiseptic-ism and really wimpy mushy seats.  That and the Frontier are the only ones to consider.  The Colorado's a 5-cylinder underachiever and the Ranger goes back to the 80s.

avgjoe2005 avgjoe2005
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 07/14/05
10:30 PM

I've got a 2005 Frontier 4x2 base model with the 2.5L 4 cylinder...  it's got a lot of punch and push (torque) for an engine, esp. with the size of the truck.   Climbs hills effortlessly with the auto trans.   I noticed that the trans. also has high gearing, and even automatically downshifts when going down inclines.. don't have to switch to 3rd gear mode manually like most automatic transmissions.  

avgjoe2005 avgjoe2005
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 07/14/05
10:31 PM

I've got a 2005 Frontier 4x2 base model with the 2.5L 4 cylinder...  it's got a lot of punch and push (torque) for an engine, esp. with the size of the truck.   Climbs hills effortlessly with the auto trans.   I noticed that the trans. also has high gearing, and even automatically downshifts when going down inclines.. don't have to switch to 3rd gear mode manually like most automatic transmissions.  

LakeRiser LakeRiser
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 08/01/05
01:23 PM

I bought a 4-cylinder Frontier truck about nine months ago for the same purpose you mention, driving economically to work.  I love my truck.  It's a stick shift, but I grew-up on sticks and enjoy the experience.  I have had absolutely no trouble with the truck.  

Cambodimerican24 Cambodimerican24
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/05
Posted: 12/17/05
07:51 AM

I've just recently purchased a brand new 2006 Frontier XE with the Preferred Package and a 2.5 litre 4 cylinder engine....although I have no problems and absolutely love the truck but I can't help but to think that in buying this new truck I should have jumped up to the 4.0 litre V6 with the much advertised 265 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque...some of my colleagues have said that I just purchased a beefy Ford Ranger with that wimpy 2.5 litre engine....they say its just a beefed up 2.3 litre Ranger engine...in any case if I had the money I would have upgraded to the V6.

tommy m tommy m
Enthusiast | Posts: 327 | Joined: 12/05
Posted: 12/17/05
07:16 PM

gibbcutter wrote:
gibbcutter
is this truck made in the USA  if it is then its a good one  if not   then please buy from ur friends how still have a job.  

radlynx radlynx
New User | Posts: 48 | Joined: 11/05
Posted: 02/11/06
01:10 AM

if you are not going off road or you will not haul anything and you want a two wheel drive, then you should buy a car instead.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Nissan Frontier
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Truck
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com