Xml
Item Posts   

3.8l gm harmonic balancer puller bolts.

| 
tomryan tomryan
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 07/12/06
08:36 AM

Need to ull  the harmonic balsncer bolts on my 92 Olds 3.8.   Does anyone know what size bolts I need for the puller.  

Thanks,  Tom  

vwhobo vwhobo
User | Posts: 126 | Joined: 07/06
08:40 AM

Icon Quotetomryan:
Need to ull  the harmonic balsncer bolts on my 92 Olds 3.8.   Does anyone know what size bolts I need for the puller.  

Thanks,  Tom

I give up, I'lll play your silly game.  What do you mean you need to "ull  the harmonic balsncer bolts"?  There is one center bolt, it believe it requires a 30 or 32 mm socket.  

tomryan tomryan
09:46 AM

The center bolt come off with a 15/16 sae socket and a air impact gun.

What I need now is the correct size for the pully puller.  There are three bolts that go through the pulley and fasten to the back of the part.  I believe they are metric.

Sorry for the "ull" error in the first post.  I just have fat fingers on this keyboard.  

vwhobo vwhobo
User | Posts: 126 | Joined: 07/06
09:56 AM

Icon Quotetomryan:
The center bolt come off with a 15/16 sae socket and a air impact gun.

What I need now is the correct size for the pully puller.  There are three bolts that go through the pulley and fasten to the back of the part.  I believe they are metric.

Sorry for the "ull" error in the first post.  I just have fat fingers on this keyboard.

Ah yes, 24 mm.  The bolts you need to pull the balancer are 6mm by about 40mm long if memory serves.  Just make sure you don't thread them in too far or else you'll damage the balancer.  The best thing you can do is use the correct adapter bolts, available from OTC or Lisle.  Keep in mind you'll also need to use an extension inside the crankshaft for the puller drive screw to push against.

http://www.otctools.com/newcatalog/products/7911_2924.jpg  

tomryan tomryan
07:38 PM

are the puller bolts fine thread metric?? or standard.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com