Xml
Item Posts   

1997 Honda /Isuzu Passport Crankshaft Pulley Question

| 
Barry201 Barry201
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/25/06
12:40 AM

Hi, I have a 1997 Honda Passport with an Isuzu engine(3.2 liter). I have noticed that the crankshaft pulley is wobbling, not balanced... like a worn bearing. However, I don't even know if there is a bearing in that pulley and if so, is that the likely cause. Or, is there something else that this may be. I have had this Passport for about a year and it has 169k on it, but runs pretty good. I want to fix this myself, but I would like to hear some advice on what I might have on my hands and also where is good to get parts because I live in a fairly small town and I wasn't able to find a crankshaft pulley online or the two local auto parts stores' online sites. Thanks.

UPDATE: Problem was crossthreaded crankshaft pulley bolt, thus causing damage to the key way, bolt and threads in crankshaft. Tapped c/s with 16M-1.5 tap, installed new bolt and pulley, left remaining keyway section installed(difficult to remove and still prevented pulley rotation). Torqued w/ loctite. Re-istalled components, good to go.

M Barry  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com