1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

Clock in a 1999 Honda CR-V

| 
h3h8m3 h3h8m3
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/06/06
02:33 AM

There is a built in digital clock on the top-middle of the dash. Recently the clock went out. At first I *** it was a fuse, but then, strangely, the clock came back on. Currently, the clock will go back and forth, off for a few days, the back on for a day. It's usually off, but every once in a while it turns back on.

Anyone have any ideas? My current guess is that I might have to switch out the clock itself, but I have no idea how to get into the dash to do that. I don't want to start messing up things in the dash.

Any *** would be appreciated.  

h3h8m3 h3h8m3
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/08/06
07:07 AM

bump  

MrAngry MrAngry
New User | Posts: 42 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 06/12/06
07:27 AM

It could be a loose connection in the wiring or the led display is worn out and failing. I would check for a poor ground at the clock and goe from there.  

automotivejtm-#001 automotivejtm-#001
Guru | Posts: 1019 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 06/12/06
09:36 AM

generally you do not have to take apart the whole dash to remove a clock,  There usually are finishing panels around the radio, clock that pop out, to expose screws.  Your best bet would be to buy a cheap repair manual for your car at your local parts store if you plan on ripping your car apart yourself.  

Be careful, interior trim pieces scratch and break easily  

newton newton
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/18/06
11:18 PM

My daughter has the same problem in her '99 CRV. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I hope to soon.

Please let me know if you find anything out. I'll do the same.  

vtbrown vtbrown
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 07/06/06
10:16 PM

Did you find a resolution to this? I have the same problem - I'm suspecting a bad connection, or bad joint in the clock itself. Did you find out how to remove the clock?
Help would be appreciated - thanks!  

jyeway jyeway
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/22/08
03:18 PM

Same problem, the clock would work on and off until it stopped working all together. Apart from buying a repair manuel, I am hoping some write about how to fix the clock.  

Som Som
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/29/08
07:45 PM

I have the same problem. But it happens only in winter.
Wondering when the temp goes down clock shuts off.Is there a way to insulate?  

deafkatlady deafkatlady
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/11/09
04:39 PM

Hello Bought 2000 Honda CRV in Dec. 08 and Jan. 09 the clock light came on and off and then finally died. I googled the manual for the CRV and found that there are some fuses one can check ( fuses were ok - under the driver's side near door ) Then removed the vent panel where the hazard light and clock is - very easy, just use a butter knife on top edge and it pops right out, you unplug the hazard button connection and unplug the clock connection and unscrew ( phiilps ) two screws for the clock and it's out. Got a voltage test meter and tested the four wires for the clock - all good - clock is bad, Honda dealer wanted 250 dollars for new clock, there's a couple people on Ebay who can fix your clock for less than 25 dollars, granted you take it out and mail it to them and prepay ahead with pay pal. Usually a four day turnaround. Then you put the clock back in yourself. Or just get a small digital clock and attach with velcro over the existing clock. Or go to salvage yard and try to get one out of a wrecked CRV that might work. Guess the digital clock for Honda CRVs' 98-00 have issues and go out easily. Hope this helps.  

renej renej
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/21/09
04:57 PM

I tried the butter knife on the top edge, as I was leveraging it trying to work the console out I pushed on the windshield and broke that as well. Yes, the windshield now has a nice big spider web of cracks in it.

Then I found another post on another forum describing how to use a flat object on the bottom edge to lift the console and the whole thing just pops out. Ten seconds with the lower edge technique and my console was out. Simple solder to repair the resistor and I saved myself the replacement cost of the clock... now I just have to get a new windshield. You really can't win can you.  Crazy  

m4bandit m4bandit
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/26/09
03:58 PM

Can you detail your repair?  

satitus satitus
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/18/10
07:43 AM

I offer a repair service of the CRV clock as well as several other models. Instruction manuals for clock removal are available there as well.
Check it out
www.autoclockrepair.com
lifetime guarantee.  

ylowinger ylowinger
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/18/10
04:20 PM

How do I post a question on this site?  

indo50 indo50
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/22/10
12:04 PM

Does any one out there have a clok for a 2000 Honda CR-V for sale working or not I have a hole in my dash I would like to fill. Working would be great but willing to take any hing at this point.
Paul Kuykendall
indo50@yahoo.com  

katmava katmava
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/08/10
09:16 AM

My husband finally took ours out--just carefully dug around the panel around the clock and hazard switch and it popped off. We found a CRV at the salvage yard with the clock still in it and they  let us take it for free since it had been sitting out in the weather and probably didn't work. The solder joint on the little resistor or whatever it is that has 510 printed on it was cracked both on the salvage yard one and our original one, so we soldered the joint, tried them in the car and they both worked! Cost us $10 for a little soldering iron, but much better than a $200 new one!  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com