Ad Radar

Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
First |  Prev |  3 |  4 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   
Sticky Thread

Please post your question or problem in one section only.

| 
matterramma matterramma
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/31/09
12:01 AM

i just bought a 1996 silverado 2wd with 5.7l. the trans leaks dramatically from behind torque converter. the truck drives fine in any gear, but has some shutter at lockup in O.D. i was gonna just replace the seals and torque converter but someone said it would be wise to replace trans, or at least rebuild. i dont know much about automatic transmissions and was wondering if i should even attempt an overhaul. i heard there was a lot of fragile components in the 4l60e. i also dont have any special tools. does anyone know where to find a reman trans for under $700. or at least one with less than 50,000 miles on it. i live in seattle and would prefer direct pickup (no shipping).  

geofernhout geofernhout
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/14/09
06:03 AM

Looking at a 95 toyota 4 runner, engine does not brake the unit at all going down steep hills, like being in nuetral. Seems to shift OK but gets very poor mileage. Any idea what to look for??  

outlavv outlavv
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/05/09
07:48 PM

I HAVE A 1997 GMC SIERRA 4X2  WHEN I TAKE OFF IN OD IT BOGGS  OTHERWISE SHIFTS FINE MY ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON  I TOOK TO A TRANNY SHOPTHEY SCANNED IT A  COVERTER CODE CAME UP THE GUY SAID I NEED REPLACE THE CONVERTER SYLANOID WAT IS INVOLVED IN THIS IS IT HARD TO DO AFTER DROPPING THE PAN  

GeorgeIV GeorgeIV
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/26/10
07:35 AM

Before I dig into this repair can anyone verify that I am on the right track.  My son has a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 with an automatic trans.  The trans slips when shifting into 3rd but if I take my foot off the gas it will shift into 3rd quite easy and then all is OK.  There are no noises connected with the problem.  Here is the part I that I need someone to verify.  I read on another blog "If you have this problem then it's probably the 'A' selinoid that needs to be replaced"  The blog then reads on with detailed instructions how the verify the code and replace the part.  

berrymcb berrymcb
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/09/10
05:10 PM

Hi John,

I drive a Volvo 2003 S60 with 70K miles. I recently took it into the shop to get a transmission flush. They assured me that they used the proper synthetic fluids. About 2 weeks after I had work done my engine light came on, the caution light as well, and a message that read "Transmission Service Required". I also noticed that the gears were slipping creating a bit of a thud and decrease in speed. My concern is that the work they did may have caused problems but when I took it back to them they plugged in the cpu and it read 00700 and 00740 which is to the transmission. I am now worried that I shouldnt be driving it and also that I am going to need to have expensive work done on my Transmission. Any advice or mechanical knowledge you may lend. my email is berrymcb@gmail.com and my name is Blake.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 02/09/10
05:35 PM

i have just started the research.. but your codes numbers are not 00700 and 00740

they are P0700 and P0740

the po740 is the torque converter clutch trouble code... there are pages and pages of trouble shooting information for each code...

there are several transmission guys on this forum.. hope they see this post...  

JEHANGIR JEHANGIR
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/25/10
04:19 PM

THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FOR SHIFT CELLUNOID FOR FORD FOCUS COMES ON AGAIN. CHECKED CELLUNOID, WHICH ARE OK . DID TRANSMISSION SERVICE. CAR RUNS OK BUT THIS LIGHT KEEPS COMING BACK  

JEHANGIR JEHANGIR
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/10
04:27 PM

Icon QuoteJEHANGIR:
THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FOR SHIFT CELLUNOID FOR FORD FOCUS COMES ON AGAIN. CHECKED CELLUNOID, WHICH ARE OK . DID TRANSMISSION SERVICE. CAR RUNS OK BUT THIS LIGHT KEEPS COMING BACK

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FOR SHIFT CELLUNOID ON FORD FOCUS 2000 KEEPS COMING ON. I DID THE TRANSMISSION SERVICE. THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN SHIFTING GEARS. CARS RUNS PERFECT BUT LIGHT KEEPS COMING BACK. ADVISE
THANKS  

waynep7122 waynep7122
10:50 PM

what year ford focus also makes some difference.. so year, make , model, and trouble code...

post the code.... there several problems with ford focus transmissions..

just servicing the transmission will not repair it...

there are pages of trouble shooting for each transmission code..

there are books of repairs on the focus transmission..

pick up an ATSG techtran manual.. usually 25 bucks... if you want to try to fix it your self...

you will also need a scan tool... that can read live data from the transmission side of the system.. not all ***  

sakukurata sakukurata
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 04/05/10
10:57 AM

I have 1994 Nissan truck hardbody D21 L4 auto transmission. One day my son used it on Fwy and the transmission for some reason disengaged. We towed it home. What could it be the cause for the transmission disengage suddently. I did change the oil transmission and the filter but is still doesn't work. I moved the shifter to R and D there was nothing to connect to the transmission. The first owner said that he spent almost $700 rebuilt the tranny. Is it possible the culprit is solenoids? If it is which one?
Thanks for your response and appreciated.  

bowhunter1 bowhunter1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 04/11/10
04:31 AM

2002 monte carlo harsh shifts after warm, was told it is the pressure control solenoid, am going to change my self, just wondering how far in the transmission do i have to go, anyone who could help me  would be appreciated. thanks.  

bowhunter1 bowhunter1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/10
04:31 AM

2002 monte carlo harsh shifts after warm, was told it is the pressure control solenoid, am going to change my self, just wondering how far in the transmission do i have to go, anyone who could help me  would be appreciated. thanks.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
07:13 AM

Icon Quotebowhunter1:

i have not been into one of those..

i am going to suggest that you invest in a ATSG service manual for that model transmission... they cost 25 bucks.. have full trouble shooting for the transmission ... along with tips...  professional transmission men all have them...  they are available online and in most transmission parts stores...  yes.. there are special stores that only sell automatic transmission parts..

most of the time in front wheel drive cars.. the valve body is under the side cover...

i will search around.. and see if i can find some info...

buy the atsg  book..  or perhaps one of the transmission guys will see this.. .

rockauto lists most of the parts...  as will your local auto transmission parts store or gm dealership
i don't know which one you need..

2002 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO LS 3.4L 207cid V6 FI (E) OHV : Transmission-Automatic : Solenoid

ACDELCO Part # 24227747
VALVE,TCC Pulse Width Modulation Solenoid w/4-SPD A/TRANS(M15)

ACDELCO Part # 10478146
VALVE,PRESS CONT SOL w/4-SPD A/TRANS(M15)  

kingsarcasim kingsarcasim
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/20/10
09:41 AM

check the fuel pressure. I had a problem like that and the pump went out right after i filled it up.  

kingsarcasim kingsarcasim
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/20/10
09:41 AM

check the fuel pressure. I had a problem like that and the pump went out right after i filled it up.  

First |  Prev |  3 |  4 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com