Xml
Item Posts   

1999 Nissan Quest that Overheats

| 
mdkoh mdkoh
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/26/06
03:03 PM

About 3 weeks ago the radiator fan bellied up in my 1999 Nissan Quest. After replacing the radiator fan asembly we discovered that the radiator fan motor did not function. Further inspection found the 15 amp fuse had blown opening the circuit. After replacing the fuse the fan rotated and appeared to function normaly. Now here is the problem, as long as we are running at a normal speeds without the air conditioner on everything functions properly. If the air conditioner is turned on the car begins to over heat nothing can be done to stop it unless you pull over and allow it to cool down normally.

I have reset the computer, thinking a line spike, when the fuse blew, may have scrambled the programming. What appears to happen is the fan runs at one speed but when it gets hotter than normal the fan shuts off. I believe this is a multi speed fan but unsure of how it works. Any suggestions or help in correcting this problem would be appreciated.  

BigBadBeater BigBadBeater
New User | Posts: 24 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 05/29/06
08:19 AM

overheating could be from various things.  there is the thermostat which in some cars if it over heats once its shot and needs to be replaced.  your water pump could be out.  some cars have these small bolts that are temp sensors...this could be faulty as well.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com