Pioneer Navigation Systems

| 
RobJanis RobJanis
User | Posts: 223 | Joined: 06/05
Posted: 05/16/06
07:03 AM

Pioneer Electronics
(http://www.pioneerelectronics.com)

AVIC-S1 is a pocket sized portable GPS Navigation System that includes a 3.5-inch touch panel display, 2GB flash memory, Bluetooth Wireless Technology and scroll wheel. The flash memory contains the map data of the entire United States and Canada. Future map data updates will be available by SD card which you load in the built in SD card slot and the update will begin. User can quickly set a destination by address, zip code, destination history, and more. Directions are given by display and voice.
MSRP: $600.00

AVIC-D2 is a in-dash DVD Multimedia AV Navigation Receiver. It includes a 6.5-inch display panel with touch screen control and it has a double disc slot -- one for the navigation map DVD-ROM and the other for audio CDs. It can also play MP3 and WMA. Music from the CD can be played while the navigator is in operation. The unit is also a full featured audio entertainment system with AM/FM radio, a built in MOSFET) power supply and sound performance Easy EQ. The system will also accept an adapter to permit the connection of an iPod. Using the available GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio Tuner, you can get traffic information provided through a continuous satellite broadcast as XM NavTraffic™ with data aggregated from multiple sources including leading commercial traffic data providers, government departments of transportation, police and emergency services, road sensors, cameras, and airborne reports. If there is a traffic jam on the route the system will automatically alert you and suggest any alternate route. (Requires XM Radio subscription and XM NavTraffic™ service subscription sold separately.
MSRP: $1,500.00

The AVIC-N3 is an in-dash DVD multimedia AV navigation receiver. Memory Navigation allows the unit to do three jobs at once -- provides navigation guidance, allows front passengers to hear AM/FM or satellite radio, and allows DVD movies to be played for rear seat passengers. There is available voice recognition when Pioneer's CD-VC1 Voice Command Pack is included. This voice command not only controls the navigation system but also can be used to change media sources, radio stations, and adjust the equalizer levels. The unit features touch screen command to navigate menus, plot routes, or change map views. A 10 character sub-display can be used to command the system when the 6.5-inch monitor is closed. Using the available GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio Tuner, you can get traffic information provided through a continuous satellite broadcast as XM NavTraffic™ with data aggregated from multiple sources including leading commercial traffic data providers, government departments of transportation, police and emergency services, road sensors, cameras, and airborne reports. If there is a traffic jam on the route the system will automatically alert you and suggest any alternate route. (Requires XM Radio subscription and XM NavTraffic™ service subscription sold separately). The unit will also accept and control an iPod using Pioneer's CD-1B100ll.
MSRP: $1,800.00

The AVIC-Z1 is a double DIN sized navigation system with built in 30GB hard disk drive. The HDD stores the entire Tele Atlas database, including nearly 11 million points of interest in more than 340 categories. A 7-inch screen displays a map and easy to recognize icons and the system is controlled by simply touching the screen. There is also advance voice recognition to command the system as well. The Hard Disk Drive can also store a music library and the system includes Bluetooth Wireless Technology. Using the available GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio Tuner, you can get traffic information provided through a continuous satellite broadcast as XM NavTraffic™ with data aggregated from multiple sources including leading commercial traffic data providers, government departments of transportation, police and emergency services, road sensors, cameras, and airborne reports. If there is a traffic jam on the route the system will automatically alert you and suggest any alternate route. (Requires XM Radio subscription and XM NavTraffic™ service subscription sold separately. A roadside *** display show such information as emergency phone numbers and your current location by street name, city and state as well as longitude and latitude. It also displays any personal information you have entered including the vehicle identification number, insurance number and insurance company phone number.  The unit will also accept and control an iPod using Pioneer's CD-1B100ll and a rear view camera can be added.
MSRP: $2,250.00  

Coldsteel1989 Coldsteel1989
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/18/06
11:08 AM

Hi...I am looking into buying a Pioneer Avic-D2 nav system and I was curious to know if there was anyway I could find out if it would fit, work, and operate proberly in my vehicle before I bought it? I have a brand new 2006 Honda CR-V and if there is anyway you could help me answer the questions I have, any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks Jon.  

Burtreyn0lds Burtreyn0lds
Enthusiast | Posts: 538 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 09/19/06
02:14 AM

Icon QuoteColdsteel1989:
Hi...I am looking into buying a Pioneer Avic-D2 nav system and I was curious to know if there was anyway I could find out if it would fit, work, and operate proberly in my vehicle before I bought it? I have a brand new 2006 Honda CR-V and if there is anyway you could help me answer the questions I have, any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks Jon.

crutchfield.com has a fit my vehicle thing and i looked and it will not fit your car, there might be a way to jam it in but i wouldnt have the faintest idea how to do it

read the bottom of this page
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oNGJQLxNTOD/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=pioneer+avic+d2&i=130AVICD2

Note: Your dash must have a 4" opening for the AVIC-D2 to fit; the 3" openings found in some vehicles, especially GM and Chrysler, will not accommodate it. Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.

Installation Details for your 2006 CRV LX

»  This item does not fit your vehicle.  

richardtonsj richardtonsj
Posted: 09/21/06
03:10 AM

I do not know if it does fit the CR-V but it fits perfectly in the MDX, underneath the display screen.  For those who does have the MDX without nav, let me know and I'll post up some photos for you guys  

Robert123 Robert123
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 09/06
02:38 PM

good one  

Robert123 Robert123
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 09/06
08:25 PM

hello
can u guys give detail info about
Pioneer Navigation Systems.It will be grateful!  

RoccoT RoccoT
Posted: 09/28/06
02:58 AM

I have the AVIC-D2.  Was wondering about the Hardware Info section on 3D Calibration.  What the 3D Hybrid meant?  

bluesman bluesman
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/26/06
08:55 AM

Hi Coldsteel1989

I'm new at this so hope I don't screw up the thread.
I have a Pioneer AVIC-D2 installed in my 2006 Honda CRV-SE.  It fits into the existing double-din opening and looks like a factory install when done.  I had the install done by a local auto-audio installer so I can't tell you if it is difficult to do yourself.  I also had them install a GEX-P10XMT XM receiver and a non-Pioneer unit that adapts the controls on the steering wheel to function with the AVIC-D2 head unit.  It all works slick as silk.  I'd say, go for it if you want.

The only drawback I've had is that I'd like to install the Honda XM antenna which has a mounting position on the roof.  Honda's XM antenna connector is propriatory and will not fit into the Pioneer XM receiver... so I'm stick using the Pioneer XM antenna.  It's roof mounted but doesn't look as good as it would with the OEM Honda setup. (don't mount it inside the vehical or it will work poorly), I have had no luck finding an adaptor from the Honda XM antenna to the Pioneer GEX-P10XMT XM receiver.  If you go this route and find an adaptor out there, please let me know.

Good luck  

biggerterry biggerterry
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/14/06
01:13 AM

I have a 2005 Honda CR/V XE and would REALLY REALLY like to fit the Pioneer unit into that empty space.  I do not want to install a "flip up" navigation system or a dash mounted system.  My other car is an Acura TSX with navigation.  This is mounted in the dash and is absolutely wonderful, as it should be for $2,000.

Would it be possible to see a photo of the installed Pioneer unit in the CR/V?  Seeing is believing.  If you cannot post the picture then maybe E-Mail it to me.  The e-mail is tmcaul at aol dot com.
Thanks!  

basicgsmltd basicgsmltd
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/24/06
05:26 AM

HELLO COLD STEEL WE HAVE THE AVIC D2 COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR HONDA CR-V CAR AT JUST 700USD  

hakly hakly
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/24/06
12:17 PM

Hi Richard,

can you please post a picture of the unit in the mdx please.
i have a 2003 mdx and looking to get a nav multimedia system..

cheers.

my email is haklylao@gmail.com if you have any pics or recommmendations. thanx alot in advance.

hakly  

carteach carteach
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/06/06
02:58 AM

I started a thread and maybe I should have just added to this thread.  Is Pioneer the only manufacturer of voice activated/traffic linked navis? I don't need the DVD capacity or the AM/FM radio. I already have XM in my Acura.

I want something that does not have to be installed in my dash.  

spooi7sports spooi7sports
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/08/06
09:42 AM

i'm thinking about getting a pioneer in dash dvd. but they are so expensive.  

AmandaP AmandaP
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/12/07
11:24 AM

Hi, I'm thinking about buying the Nav head unit for my MDX.  If you still have those photos, could you post them again? Thanks!  

12danny21 12danny21
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/18/08
02:23 PM

Hello Im new to this forum and i was wondering would the AVIC-D3 from pioneer fit the 07 and newer crvs? My friend has one in his subaru sti 06 and it looks great and wondering if it would fit the new crv because im planning to get one within the year.  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Honda CR-V
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com