Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
Item Posts   

Intermittent starter problem . Is this related to ignition switch replacement? (2000 T&C Minivan)

| 
mkaealc7 mkaealc7
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 01/26/07
08:22 AM

Originally the key would not turn in the ignition cylinder and thanks to another post on this site I realized the ignition cylinder needed replaced.  I had that done at Meineke and the minivan worked fine for about a week.  That is to say the key turned in the cylinder and the starter engaged and the car fired right up.  
  After a week this new problem came up which think is related.  The key turns but the starter does not always engage.  I find that if I push in hard and giggle it while I turn it the starter sometimes works, or I have to try that a few times to get it to start.  After that it runs fine.  It's just a start up problem.
  Meineke says it sounds like I need a new starter, but I think it is a bad electrical connection.  Any opinions?  

pas pas
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/28/08
04:31 PM

Icon Quotemkaealc7:
Originally the key would not turn in the ignition cylinder and thanks to another post on this site I realized the ignition cylinder needed replaced.  I had that done at Meineke and the minivan worked fine for about a week.  That is to say the key turned in the cylinder and the starter engaged and the car fired right up.  
  After a week this new problem came up which think is related.  The key turns but the starter does not always engage.  I find that if I push in hard and giggle it while I turn it the starter sometimes works, or I have to try that a few times to get it to start.  After that it runs fine.  It's just a start up problem.
  Meineke says it sounds like I need a new starter, but I think it is a bad electrical connection.  Any opinions?

Did you ever get any answers to this question?  I have the same problem and even though I've been told I need a new starter, I still think it could be the electrical connection(s).  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com