Xml
Item Posts   

Front End Noise

| 
KAR54RU KAR54RU
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/25/07
07:11 AM

Heah Guy's ,Always like working on my cars but I have a problem thats drivng me nuts and has cost me $$ and problem still exists.

Have this 93 Ford Taurus and as I'm driving and turn my wheel to the left I'm hearing a banging noise in the front left wheel. Hears whats been done so far and problem still continues.

New Brakes in front.
Stab bars in fron replaced.
Right wheel bearing replaced.
Master cyl went and was repolaced.

Any clues I'm at lose and ready to quite on this car but I've invested over a grand and want run it for another year.

Best Regards

KAR54RU.  

jeep god jeep god
New User | Posts: 36 | Joined: 01/07
08:39 AM

Is it a clicking nosie that goes with vehicle speed (CV joint look for gease around the axle boot or a ripped axle boot)
Does it happen over bumps turning in a parking lot for example (check the sway bar link)
Can it happen sitting still and turning the wheel (spring bind due to a bad upper strut mount or bearing)?
Maybe a bad bushing in the front suspension/lower contorl arm? Look for split rubber bushings and shiny metal parts around them showing contact.

hope this helps some..  

KAR54RU KAR54RU
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/07
09:24 AM

J-G
Thanks for the reply, no clicking sound but banging sound when going over 25mph and turn wheel to right. Turn left noise disapears. Whats the chance this being a front wheel bearing? Regards

KAR54 (Lohla)  

jeep god jeep god
New User | Posts: 36 | Joined: 01/07
02:42 PM

Not likey,Wheel bearings make noise like a siren, and the nosie will change with the speed of the car.(faster you go the higher piched the sound)
If it's more of a thud,thud,thud,thud,then look at the inside tread area of the tire very closely?
Run your hand over the inner side of the tire looking for low spots, or lumps.
If it's more random and clunky or banging-
Try moving the wheel left to right with your hands on the tire at the 9 and 3 o'clock position,feeling for loosness or nosises.
If you feel anything get a helper to inspect the steering linkage to locate the worn parts.

Hope this may be of some help.

Jeep God But still owns 2 Ford's  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Ford Taurus
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links