Posted: 05/03/06
10:50 AM

Opinion?

http://www.nctd.com/sneakpreview.cfm?Vehicle=2007_Jeep_Wrangler&ReviewID=105  

Carletti Carletti
New User | Posts: 46 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 11/21/06
02:25 PM

Here's what I don't understand in the case of the Wrangler: Were consumers actually displaying a desire for a four door Wrangler?  I think Chrysler really didn't do a good job on this vehicle.  Granted, I am not a faithful Jeep customer, I have not taken a Wrangler off-roading, and I have never owned a Jeep automobile.  However, I suspect that Chrysler is trying to attract new customers to their brands and this showing by the Wrangler just will not do it.  I applaud Chrysler for at least retaining the iconic Wrangler's shape and charisma, when so many other car companies have strayed from any tradition and thus have strayed from infusing any originality into their designs.  However, that being said, Chrysler needs to move on...quickly.  The Wrangler looks rugged and painful to sit in.  The plastic-looking roof appears to fail all safety regulations and the locks on the engine bay are not only old elements in design, but they are in my view extremely tacky.  But, at the very least, the Wrangler is a tried, tested, and true off-road machine and you can even take the roof apart if you like.  But the latter also appears to be extremely out of taste.  Maybe Chrysler does not really intend for the Wrangler to compete with the RAV4, the CR-V, or the Santa Fe.  But if it does, which is a logical deduction to assume, then I anticipate that Chrysler is in for another disappointment.  

JeepGuy JeepGuy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/31/06
02:54 PM

I do own a couple of jeeps. The one thing that bothered me about my Wrangler was that it wasn't practical for me (family of 4). I am not a hard core off roader but I still love the jeep. I have never gotten stuck in the snow and haven't missed a day of work because of weather since I've owned my Jeep.

My wife and I just traded in our Mazda Tribute for a 4 Door Wrangler. This is a totally new vehicle. It' so much better than the prevous modles.
Better off road.
Better on road, quieter and better handeling.
Better space, the kids have plenty of leg room and there is enough space to go shopping at the outlet malls.
Better options for going topless. There are several options, remove the front panels, the whole top or just the rear.

I love it!

By the way the 4 doors competition is the Toyota FJ Cruiser and the Hummer H2.  CRV and Rav4 are toys in a different class.  

DACODA1 DACODA1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/01/07
05:05 PM

Icon Quotejoela:
Opinion?<br><br>http://www.nctd.com/sneakpreview.cfm?Vehicle=2007_Jeep_Wrangler&ReviewID=105

CURRENTLY OWN JEEP WRANGLER IN LINE 6 WITH BANKS SYSTEM.  HOPE TO SEE THE NEW 4 DOOR JEEP WRANGLER WITH HEIMI ENGINE.  THAT WOULD MAKE JEEP COMPETIVE IN UT MARKET.  PUT THE V8 IN AND MOVE INTO AND THROUGH THE INDUSTRY.  JUST A THOUGHT ON MORE POWER  

jeepchic05 jeepchic05
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/03/09
04:13 PM

If you have not owned a jeep wrangler because of what it can do then you would not understand. I have been driving jeeps off road since I was 12 (yes 12, the first car I learned to drive was a CJ-7, then had a Wagoneer for a hunting vehicle, then when I turned 16 I got a 95 Wrangler. I am now 25 and after many wrecks, mudding excursions, a few creek bottoms with a watered down engine, breaking 3 tops, replacing the shocks many times, a new engine, a new brain, many replaced main springs, and much more I am still driving my 95 Wrangler now with no doors and no top. The doors have not worked right since I flipped it years ago, so I finally just took them off for good as I had to crawl in and out of my jeep all through college. People ask me what I do when it rains and I simply say, "I get wet." I now also have a 2 door jeep rubican with a snorkel so I can continue to go through creek bottoms and not get water in my engine. I have now test drove many 4 door jeep wranglers and am considering buying one. Trust me this new wrangler is MUCH more comfortable to sit in and I never thought they would have cruise control in a jeep! The plastic roof is awesome! I will not have to get a soft top every two years, the plastic will hold up so much better and will not be as loud on the road. Plus it will be easier to take apart verses a hard top. If the soccer mom suvs like the Rav4 is what you are interested in you can keep em and leave the Wrangler to the true outdoor types!  

jeeperscreepers jeeperscreepers
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/24/09
11:31 AM

I am new to the jeep owner experience and have a 2007 4dr Sahara and lov'n it with the exception of the DEATH WOBBLE. What is up with that? I though a jeep was the Spartan of off-road vehicles and when I hit a little bump going 50km and the steering wheel wants to jump out of my hand. Does anyone know what the issue is? Is this a factory defect or grounds for a recall?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Jeep Wrangler
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com