Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
First |  Prev |  6 |  7 |  8
Item Posts   

2000 Xterra Air Conditioning problem!!! Help!!!

| 
NaplesValle NaplesValle
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/11
Posted: 07/10/11
08:21 AM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. This post was right on. After spending over $200 at the repair shop, they told me I needed to spend another $650. After finding your post, I got the part, followed the directions and presto, COLD AC!!

Thanks for posting.  

edwards4 edwards4
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/31/12
05:12 PM

I had this same AC problem with my 2000 Xterra about 4 years ago.   Spent lots of money at other places before finally taking it to Nissan where they replaced this sensor.   Now the problem is back again.   Has this problem returned for anyone else?  Just wondering how long this sensor generally last and if I can look forward to spending that kind of money every 4 years to replace it.  

Jay Isaac Jay Isaac
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/13/13
06:10 AM

Hey, because you worked on the nissans can you tell me where to get a diagram of the cable that connects to the temp control knob i would hate to tear into it and mess it up. Any help would be great. My email is jayisaac@yahoo.com Thanks  

reardonc61 reardonc61
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/14
Posted: 06/13/14
06:33 PM

I have a 2000 Xterra and am having issues with the AC.  The compressor works and it is just blowing out warm air.  I went to an auto parts place and spent $45 on the coolant refiller but when I went to put it in, the gauge on the can went to "high pressure".  I asked a mechanic about it and he said that all the air needs taken out and the coolant refilled.  He said he could do it for $80 and told me to not turn the AC on because it could blow a line.  I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me how to do it myself (release the pressure)...if it can even be done.  

wayne712222 wayne712222
Guru | Posts: 1856 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 06/13/14
09:44 PM

ac service requires pressures to be checked.. the low and high side are connected together..using the same gas...

compressor off.. the pressures between the low and high side are equal..

here is some info..

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/landing/page.jsp?name=recharge-auto-ac

when the compressor is turned on.. it pulls gas from the low side of the system.. builds pressure and becomes HOT HIGH PRESSURE GAS.. it goes into the condenser in front of the radiator.. where the heat is removed and the high pressure gas condenses and becomes a warm high pressure liquid as it goes back and forth thru the condenser..

the high pressure liquid flows into a tiny orifice where it passes into the low pressure tubing in the evaporator.. this tranformmation from high pressure liquid to low pressure gas.. its actually boiling..  the molecules packed into the liquid are free to spread out and this reduces the temp so the evaporator is cold.. air flowing thru the evaporator on the outside looses its heat to the cold gas.. the compressor picks up the low pressure gas and compresses it again..

this is a BASE Idea of how it works. there is enough to fill a book..  

Arthur Nelson Arthur Nelson
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/15
Posted: 05/14/15
09:02 PM

its in the box where your cabin filter is look outside and you will see littel red and white wire running in the side and where the two halfs come together you have to remove four gold in color screws the split the box and wedge a small piece of wood to hold open then reach inside it will be square in shape pull out and disconnect the other end from behind your center dash then replace obtw im a big man so i used my 12yo nephew to reach inside  

Arthur Nelson Arthur Nelson
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/15
Posted: 05/14/15
09:29 PM

its a nissan control assy part #27675 9z000  

No1parts No1parts
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 05/15
Posted: 05/15/15
12:40 AM

High-quality LED light bar is on sale.The link is as following:
www.no1parts
.com/  

hthomas0145 hthomas0145
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/17
Posted: 05/23/17
10:57 AM

After spending several hundred dollars, for having system charged, replacing hoses and low pressure switch, not to mentions a half dozen trips to the repair shop, I read your post. Thank you. I was not as brave as you, I took it back to the mechanic and told him what I needed, Thermo Control Amplifier. I called the parts department at Nissan and they said that it is the first thing to check before going any farther. Nissan Part# 27675-9Z000 ($47.44). Gave it to my mechanic $35.00 (1/2 hour labor) to install, problem seems to be solved. Thanks for your post.  

First |  Prev |  6 |  7 |  8
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Nissan Xterra
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
Poor Poor

Research Categories: