Xml
Item Posts   

airbag light on 1999 Grand Cherokee

| 
froznwater froznwater
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/26/06
04:21 AM

My airbag light and chime intermittently come on and off about every 5 minutes.  Does anyone know a fix for this problem?  

piz piz
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/28/06
12:07 AM

I also am having a problem with the airbag light on my 99 Grand Cherokee.  I had it at the shop and they said they had it fixed:  they said they found a bad connection at the clockspring (I have no idea what that even is).  Well, it was OK for about 10 miles then for the next 20 miles the light and chime went off about 20 times.  The light stays on for about 10 seconds and then goes off.  A few minutes later the same thing.  More annoying than anything.  

piz piz
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/28/06
05:58 AM

Found this:

The '98 Jeep Wrangler (TJ) and Cherokee (XJ) both were affected by poor connection at the instrument cluster. This condition may cause erratic operation of the speedometer, tachometer, and the airbag-warning light, along with setting a fault code in the Airbag Electronic Control Module. The connection problem is actually caused by oxidation at two of the male electrical terminals on the back of the instrument cluster assembly. DaimlerChrysler has come out with Technical Service Bulletin 08-20-98A, which was pulled up on the ALLDATA information system. This bulletin gives detailed instructions on removing the oxidation with the use of a scraping tool and an electrical contact cleaner. The connection is then protected by applying a specified dielectric grease. It recommends having the job done at a Jeep service department. A poor-quality repair may result in damage to the instrument cluster and/or a repeat of the original problem.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
Excellent Excellent

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com