First |  Prev |  1 |  2 |  3
Item Posts   

Mice in my Volvo XC90

| 
xc70kirsty xc70kirsty
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/14/12
02:35 AM

thank goodness im not the only one with this problem! It is beyond a joke, and I had set humane traps and caught 2 mice, but they seem to get back in! I have now got half of the sound proofing under the boot floor as the rest has been dragged through the car into the glovebox, under the seats, they have chewed through a box of tissues, and this morning I have found my toddlers car seat chewed through! I now have to try to get replacement straps or pay out for a whole new carseat!!! has anyone found out a way to keep them out? My mum has suggested poison but i have kids and dogs and that is just too risky!  please please help us volvo, such an expensive car should not have this problem!!!  

xc70kirsty xc70kirsty
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/12
03:05 AM

hello again, I have just spoken to volvo, and they say it is not possible to make a car mouse proof and so we should put bait and traps into the car instead. I was also told that there is currently a xc70 in the dealerships service bay at the moment, that is having all of its wiring replaced aswell as its sound proofing due to mice! I was advised that the bill for this would be over £5000!!! I have ordered rentokil prebaited boxes that are apparently child and pet safe as the poison is contained securely (unless you are a mouse of course!!) so I am hoping this is going to deal with the problem, in the mean time all I can do is check the car each morning for the latest round of damage!  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
09:44 AM

seems i had my own mouse problem.. in my VW bus with a corvair motor..   i had not started it in years..  i poured in some gas.. dropped in a fresh battery.. fired it up..   let it run a minute or two...   shut it off to check it...

found two mice crawling up through the fan blade...    they had been seriously blown as the engine was at fast idle..  and their little feet looked discolored..  

i went to move the van. about 10 minutes later..   one of the mice was still on top of the engine...    he jumped down.. walked about five feet...   turned and gave me a dirty look and continued to walk into the hedge..  he must have been really mad about being evicted from my engine..   it did take me 2 hours to take the top off everything and remove the debris... i did find one that had been blown between the air cooled cylinders  who did not get out..   sorry mice.. i did not know that you had moved in..  

timfts timfts
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/09/12
02:19 PM

This is my 2nd xc90 1st was a 2005 and know a 2010
with only 10,000 both with mice problems.  Volvo
is and has been No help.  I have 6 other cars parked
at the same place, 1 dodge truck, 2 Toyota's
2 Chevy ( one car and one motor home)  Only the Volvo gets mice, and they bring food into the car.
This will be the last Volvo EVER.  The Dealer
implies that this is MY fault. Yea, I built this @@@@  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 06/09/12
08:24 PM

perhaps a call to US Customs department.. as bringing in foreign mice is NOT A GREAT IDEA...

they are either getting in at the one of the parts suppliers... little chance..

or are getting in at the factory or the factory storage lot..

on a ship while being transported across...

the first batch of them went down in the english channel as i recall..

volvo has been recently sold.. i think to TATA motors.. but i could be wrong..

a creative mechanic or body man will probably be able to find where the mice are getting into...

i have used shop vacuums on blow to pressurize the insides of cars to find openings...

you can also use the vacuum on suction and listen for them..  if you can get the vacuum far enough away to not make a lot of noise..  think a piece of two of 2 or 2 1/2" inch ABS drain pipe.. with no hub couplings to connect to the vacuum hose..  

kellyrae87 kellyrae87
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/14
Posted: 07/22/14
02:48 PM

I have a 2005 Volvo XC70 and have had mice both inside the car and in the engine for four years now.  I have tried everything and keep my car very clean, so am quite horrified to see the floor, seats and dash littered with mouse droppings every morning. Has anyone found a solution that works to keep mice away? I love my car, but I would not buy another unless Volvo has fixed the problem.  

kellyrae87 kellyrae87
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/14
Posted: 07/22/14
02:49 PM

I have a 2005 Volvo XC70 and have had mice both inside the car and in the engine for four years now.  I have tried everything and keep my car very clean, so am quite horrified to see the floor, seats and dash littered with mouse droppings every morning. Has anyone found a solution that works to keep mice away? I love my car, but I would not buy another unless Volvo has fixed the problem.  

First |  Prev |  1 |  2 |  3
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com