Prev |  1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

Mice in my Volvo XC90

| 
Jlgaglo Jlgaglo
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/03/09
05:39 PM

hi, i have a 2004 v70, bought it in jan 08.  Prior to this wagon I had a S80 glt, 1996, I loved it and drove the heck out of it. I lived in europe/d.c., never had a problem with mice in it!  Yesterday I nonchalantly reach into my glove box for a napkin and Hello! the napkins are all shredded up.  I have been trying to catch a mouse in my kitchen. . . but I never thought I would find one in my glove box!! I am using the poison, I hate to do it, but I am.  I work out of my car, and now I am so jittery. . . I drive 500+ miles a week, all I need is to try to deal w/a mouse running around in the car while I am on the road.  Ahhhh!  

veehikle veehikle
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/21/10
06:06 PM

More mice trapped inside 2005 Volvo XC90. This is obviously a more serious problem. Take a look at the piece and post your comments there as well. Mice are coming and going at will entering at night, sometimes staying, and wreaking havoc normally in the glove box. We did notice the previous owner did try to seal the heat duct, so there's another issue.

Take a look - Click Here

Post your comments if you have anything to add...

Oh.. one down....a whole bunch to go. It's really sad that Volvo won't weigh in on this. The dealer will be hearing about it (again). And this time, they get the evidence in a plastic bag too!

Volvo XC90 Mouse  

mudlife mudlife
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/22/10
03:26 PM

U r goin to think im crazy but i live in the middle of the woods and everyone i know with volvo or not was haveing the same problem i heard of a trick this is the crazy part cut the legs off of pantyhose or stockings what ever u wish to call them and put a handfull or two of mothballs in it and hang under dash and espesially under hood of car and rear bumper
idk why but those lil guys hate moth balls  

yolandalowmaster yolandalowmaster
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/25/10
12:52 PM

Frown I am ready to start a class-action law suit against Volvo.  They do not want to help, they feel it is not their fault and that we are on our own with exterminators and insurance companies to try and deal with their manufacturing mistake!

If you want in please contact me at ylowmaster@yahoo.com  

12:53 PM

I am ready to start a class-action law suit against Volvo.  They do not want to help, they feel it is not their fault and that we are on our own with exterminators and insurance companies to try and deal with their manufacturing mistake!

12:55 PM

I am ready to start a class-action law suit against Volvo.  They do not want to help, they feel it is not their fault and that we are on our own with exterminators and insurance companies to try and deal with their manufacturing mistake!

12:56 PM

luv4CO luv4CO
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/02/10
12:34 PM

Yup....my XC 90 too.  It's been happening for 4 years. I thought it was just that one snuck in & since I had small children (at the time) I figured it was my fault for driving a rolling buffet. Or maybe it was where we lived or something like that?? BUT, after we dismantled EVERYTHING, found nests over the wheel wells & under the front radio panel. EEEWWWW. I was wrong. They were living with us everyday. My husband wanted to sell....but I decided to keep it.

Now, I keep me car extremely clean & allow very little eating in the car. Which is hard ...as i am a "soccer mom". But I still get mice. It's easier to ID the poop now that my car is clean but we are looking to buy a new car soon and unfortunately I won't be looking at a Volvo again. Too bad as I would have been commited to Volvo for life. Love the car...but can't do the mice thing again.

( btw...I never thought to ask Volvo for help. I am sad to hear they are not responding.)  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4549 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 11/02/10
06:21 PM

i wonder what would happen ...    if you rigged a mouse trap...

a nice meal of something tasty from .. say a taco stand... in the bottom of a 5 gallon or deeper bucket...  placed near a seat... so they can jump in from the seat.. but eat to much to be able to jump out of the bucket... i have done this before..     i normally use a 5 gallon steel paint pail new from professional paint stores...

i wonder if the customs department was alerted that mice might be coming in in some cars..???  i bet they would like to know....     it could have been an infestation in one of the ships...

the first batch of these XC90's ended up in the bottom of a shipping channel...  where the car carrier sunk...  taking 600 or more to the bottom...  

LBcarfan LBcarfan
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 11/04/10
01:27 PM

I am really shocked that this is such a recurring problem when volvos are so highly accaliamed. I am sorry for all of your frustrations, but very glad to hear about them because I will definitely advise anyone I know against getting a volvo now. There is obivously some point of entry in all of their vehicles that they are overlooking, shame that they will not look into this further.  
Used Car Inspections

waynep7122 waynep7122
Posted: 11/04/10
01:47 PM

LBCARFAN....   you seem to be self promoting spam

is this the proper address to mail the inspection coupons to?????

Alliance Inspection Management -
330 Golden Shore, Suite 400,
Long Beach, California 90802  

Phone: 888-670-5798  

jamie1234 jamie1234
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/22/10
07:02 AM

Our XC90 was invaded by mice.  The car is my wife's.  We've had the car for 6 years, and this is the first time we've had this problem (that we know of).  We park the car in our garage where we know there have been mice (our cat has brought a couple to us as gifts over the years).  I borrowed it a couple of weeks ago and noticed on the rear floor what I thought might be padding from inside the driver's seat (and I worried it might be a mouse), but I was in a hurry so I vacuumed it up and forgot about it.  Then this weekend I borrowed the car again to take our dog to the vet.  I immediately noticed what looked like mouse droppings on the center console.  Upon further investigation, I found dropping all over the interior, more stuffing from the driver's seat on the rear floor, and stuffing in the rear compartment as well.  We were horrified.  We did an extremely thorough vacuuming, carpet cleaning and disinfecting, and have parked our car on the street the last two nights with traps set inside.  We haven't seen any further evidence of the mice but I'll never park it in the garage again.  We called our dealership and they asked us what we want them to do about it.  They had no suggestions.  Importantly, our other car is in the same garage and we haven't had this problem  

starrfire21 starrfire21
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 01/06/11
06:23 PM

I have a 2010 Subaru Forester and have mice in my car. I park my car in the garage (we have found mice droppings in the garage) and have mice in my car. My husband parks his Chevy Truck in the garage and he has never had a mouse problem. My car is so clean, that way I can spot the droppings and I can sanitize the car - again. I wish I knew what to do. My husband spent a day putting a fine wire mesh over any openings in the car & found more droppings on Wednesday. I'm at the point of not wanting to buy another Subaru.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Posted: 01/06/11
07:44 PM

more mice problems..

a few things... mice love to eat.. they will eat until they cannot jump...   you can .. take a steel bottom bucket.. toss some left overs into it..    tasty left overs.. something from MCD's or taco bell...   with some tasty odors.. toss it in the bottom of the steel bucket..  fix up a ramp to the edge... the smells will lead them up to the edge for the final plunge.. they will eat till they cannot possibly jump out.. then they are yours to do with what you will...

my sister had a pet mouse..  it escaped...  it loved watermelon ...  i had her take a shoe box .. put a chunk of watermelon and a ski hat up the side of a shoe box..  she told me it worked but he escaped.. i went and took a look.. she had the shoe box on its side..  when i had her rotate it with the opening up...  the next morning he was trapped.. and lived a LONG life in her care...  it was over 5 years..  and thats old for a grey field mouse..

you could also create some signs and tape them to the windows.. warning .. low oxygen in car.. open doors for 5 minutes before entering..   stop at  a wholesale grocer.. some will have small blocks of dry ice.. with the windows closed... over night.. the CO2 levels should be high enough to smother the mice and rats inside the car...

getting in the car before getting rid of the CO2 in the morning may smother you...

only problem.. the smell    if the are smothered .. they die where they fall..  and may be really hard to get out.. but.. if you lure them with food in a bucket... they should be contained and ready to transport...

you can also use a wet or dry shop vacuum to chase them down... the vacuum can pull them in..   once in the tank... block the inlet.. this will drop the pressure in the vacuum and do in the mice in there..  

AliciaBeckman AliciaBeckman
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 01/07/11
05:14 AM

I think u can keep a mouse trap to get hold of the mice.You should also keep ur car clean before parking in the garage.  

Prev |  1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: