1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

Mice in my Volvo XC90

| 
hilary_sheehan hilary_sheehan
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/14/06
05:45 AM

Mice are getting into the main body of the car on a nightly basis.  The car has been into Volvo but they couldn't see how the mice were getting in.  To be perfectly honest I don't think they really took me seriously!  I am desperate to know if anybody else has ever had this problem with this particular car and if so, whether they ever found out how they were getting in.  As far as I know the engine is unaffected.  They just seem to hang out inside the car during the nightime and then leave again by morning.  

MKIV MKIV
Enthusiast | Posts: 404 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 11/14/06
10:21 AM

hmmm....where are u finding the mice remains?...that would help  

csk365 csk365
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/28/06
12:34 AM

I have an 05 XC90 and the same thing just started happening to me.  I have parked outside for nearly two years and this is the first time this has happened, but I had also left my car undriven for a couple weeks.  The mice moved in to the cabin, started building a nest in the glove box using leaves from outside the car and even set up storage of extra leaves under the driver side mat.  I actually saw a mouse run across the trunk of the car.  I would love to know where they are coming in from.  Since we live in the country, all of our car have had mice try to build nests under the hood of the car.  That I can deal with, but not when they have moved inside the cabin of the car.  

mrpb7029 mrpb7029
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/26/06
05:31 AM

I also have an 06 Volvo XC90 and mice are getting into the cabin of this vehicle on a nightly basis.  Would you have additional information on how the mice are entering the vehicle?  I'm calling the dealership this morning.

Please help - I can't stand getting into my car and I'm quite concerned I'm going to have an accident if I see a mouse while I'm driving.  

bilthemech@hotmail.com bilthemech@hotmail.com
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/06/07
09:20 AM

They are probably coming in the cowling ducts. You can install screens or put dryer sheets in the area to deter them.  

csk365 csk365
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 01/13/07
07:35 AM

fyi, we screened the cowling ducts as well as the ducts at the back of the car that release the air pressure in the car when the doors are closed.  There were only little rubber flaps on those ducts providing very easy access to the interior of the vehicle.  My husband had found mouse poop at that entry point so we know that was one way they were getting in.  Since we screened these 2 entry points, we are still getting mice in the car so there has to be another way that the mice are entering.  I am also keeping my ac on recirculation whenever the car is parked.  We also called our Volvo dealership and they had never heard of this problem and offered no suggestion for correcting.  If anybody else has any other ideas of where to check and screen, please post.  

vpneill vpneill
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/20/07
07:13 AM

I have a XC70 with the same mouse problem and am getting no help from Volvo. We thought they were gone until we found a new nest in the glove box last night. The first round with the mice involved the mice getting into a bag of dog food left in the car and spreading it in the vent system. I could hardly stand the odor which is still lingering in my less than 1 year old car. They are now whittling away at my insulation and I want the critters out of my car. I, too, keep my ac on recirculation and will try screening the above mentioned access points. Any other suggestions out there?  

chizel chizel
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 02/21/07
09:07 PM

always make sure that your volvo floor mats - http://www.swedishpartsshop.com/volvofloormats.html - is in dirt free in order for the mice not to go round in round in the car, maintaining its cleanliness inside and out can be one of the great factors in order to keep it looking new all the time..  

NiceDeals-co-uk NiceDeals-co-uk
New User | Posts: 36 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/05/07
06:56 AM

I thought this thread was a joke but reading on, it seems other people have similar problems. 2 things to concentrate on, firstly what are the mice after in your car? you need to check everything under the mats etc maybe some sweets stuck somewhere, secondly and more importantly, there has to be an entrance point somewhere, have you checked the boot base or under the floor base in the driver/ passenger footwells, I believe there is some rubber stoppers to drain water if it enters the car in case of flooding etc. You may need to replace the rubber bungs on there.  

xc90kc xc90kc
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/10/07
12:38 PM

We too have mice in our XC90. We got it in Sweden and I'm pretty sure it had mice droppings in it from the boat ride over.

We've taken it to the dealer, paid 1000 dollars to have the dash/hvac torn apart,
found the flaps in the rear side panels and put fine screen over them and yet still
mice.

I'm going to call the service manager at volvo in KC and let him try once more, if he can't fix it I will not be buying Volvos from now on.

This is sad, we love our car and watching 45,000 dollars turn into a public mouse restroom has been painful.  

ftoddt77 ftoddt77
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/21/08
08:51 PM

Confused  Mad  We too have the same problem.  Mice in our 2005 XC90.  We presently leave baited traps in the car and 4 or 5 surrounding the car.  Volvo makes such a quality product, it is so hard to believe that they can't fix this.  My wife loves this car but I know that we will never buy another one.  Customer Service Volvo America and Dealership have somewhat tried but have not had any ideas that work.  I would like to screen those back flaps that others have found but I cannot locate a service manual for this car to figure out where they are.  After hearing the success rate for this fix, may not be worth it.  I feel like the previous post that after spending $45,000 for a beautiful new clean car, it is hard to take when mice can enter and live so easily.  

doc1 doc1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/14/08
02:49 AM

We have the same problem with our XC90 (54reg)
Last year mice got in and I blamed myself for ?leaving door open. We trapped them and they went - for a while.
This autumn very careful never to leave door/boot open and still mice - trap one every night.
Car has been to VOLVO 4 or 5 times now and last time they valeted it and spent 7 hours checking it over, putting traps in, hosing it with water to look for holes, spraying sealent around cables entry to car, removing seats, carpets etc etc.
Dealer has been very helpful and sympathetic

Despite this, this morning just 6days after I got my car back they are there again! Frown  

GrolschBottle GrolschBottle
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/17/08
11:35 AM

Very similar experience of mine, it's almost impossible to tell where they enter unless it's pretty obvious.  

jack_a jack_a
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/18/08
01:56 AM

Hi everyone this is jack
I am new on this thread
I hope all you get your solutions very soon

Gwen Gwen
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/26/09
10:02 AM

Fellow XC-90 owners with mice problems!!!!!!!!!!
It is the volvo xc-90 not the owners...we have done everything to deter mice, traps, sealants, screens, extraordinary disinfecting,carpet shampooing, weekly vacuuming, no food near the vehicle etc.  Volvo will not take responsibility and we or volvo do not know where the mice enter...under the tire compartment in the back...the sad news is I will never buy another volvo again as it clearly a great home for mice. Even with all the heroic detering, we trap and still  Frown have new ones on a daily basis. A couple days without and then they are back.  VOLVO-PLEASE, PLEASE HELP otherwise this is a huge reason not to get a volvo-ever!  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com