Xml
Item Posts   

Chevy Blazer won't go in reverse! HELP

| 
pumpkey_25 pumpkey_25
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/24/06
09:13 PM

I am driving a Chevy Blazer... at least a 2000, not really sure.  Anyways, it won't go in reverse, and it has to be revved up to 3rpms, let go, and then it drives fine... a little catching it seems, but other than that, no problems.  Does it need a new transmission, or is there something else wrong with it?  Please help.  

harold42usa1 harold42usa1
User | Posts: 126 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 10/25/06
07:33 AM

Have you checked the level of transmission fluid?  Look in your owners manual for how to do it.  Its the right way to do it.If that is ok, then take it to a transmission shop for a looksee.  YOu should (hopefully) be able to find one that will give you an estimate price without taking the transmission apart. I would not let them take it apart just to look unless they tell you they wont charge you for this service.  

Gary_602Z Gary_602Z
Enthusiast | Posts: 423 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 10/25/06
02:15 PM

Sounds like a sunshell problem! A good tranny shop should be able to tell you for sure.

Gary  

shawn86mr2 shawn86mr2
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/03/06
07:08 AM

YES it is.  u should have a 4l60e in there.
my moms truck went out  had full tranny fluid.  on average i have researched this and found that the sun gear dies between 88k to 130k. imo its a suck !$^ gm  part.  they "fixed" it in the 4l80e but thats a whole other story there..

the truck is going in the shop tomorrow and we will see 100% if thats all the problem is.  
I LOVE MY STICK SHIFT!!!!
lol  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com