Prev |  1 |  2
Item Posts   

1997 Ford Taurus Transmission

| 
apj20022003 apj20022003
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/22/10
05:44 AM

OK I HAVE A 96 TAURUS GL 3.0 ENGINE WIT A TRANNY ISSUE EVERY MORNING WHEN ITS COLD SAY ABOUT BELOW 35 DEGREES I GET IN MY VHEICLE TO REVERSE IT DOES IT WITH NOOOOO PROBLEM U WOULDNT THINK ANYTHING WAS WRONG BUT AFTTER A 15 TO 20 MIN DRIVE THE CAR IS WARMED UP IT WILL NOT REVERSE AGAIN FOR THAT WHOLE DAY AT ALL ONLY TIME IF IT DOES REVERSE IS EITHER ON A COLD START WHEN THE CAR IS FROZEN COLD EARLY MORNING BUT AFTER THAT WHEN THE CAR IS WARMED UP I HAVE TO HOLD THE ACCELERATION PAD TO THE FLOOR THEN IT JUMPS INTO REVERSE SOMETIMES NOT AT ALL ITS CRAZY I WOULD OF THOUGHT IT THE OTHER WAY LIKE WAIT UNTIL THE CAR IS WARMED FOR TRANS TO ENGAGE BUT ITS THE OTHA WAY AROUNDBUT I HAD FLUID FILTER AND ALL DAT OTHA **** DONE TO IT I JUS DONT WANNA GET RID OF THIS CAR PUT TO MUCH MONEY INTO IT!!! WHAT COULD IT BE I DO HAVE A BAD MOTOR MOUNT AND A BAD RADIATOR WHICH COOLS DOWN THE TRANSMISSION FLUID AND ENGINE COOLANT AS WELL COULD EITHER THEM TWO CAUSE THIS TO HAPPEN???? Frown  

bmayfield5544 bmayfield5544
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/24/10
09:08 AM

I have a 1997 Ford Taurus SHO V8 and I want to know if the transmission is going bad or what? I have to warm the car up before I drive it. It pulls very bad, especially when topping a hill. The does not drive freely it seems like its being forced to drive. The gears are getting stuck and the car is not shifting out at all. It gets stuck and I be on the highway tryna push it but it wont go pass 30 mph. I bought the car about a week ago from other owners so I haven't had the oil changed or anything. Should I sell it? or can this problem be fixed without me paying so much out of pocket cause I can not afford to put too much work into it? Help me to understand whats going on and can you please break it down for me cause I am a woman and some stuff I dont understand  

mikewilder mikewilder
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/18/10
02:44 PM

Icon Quoteslpswhite:
My 97 Taurus won't go in to 2nd gear unless let it warm up for about 10 minutes. As you drive it in first gear it tries to go in to 2nd gear but never makes it and you find yourself coasting along until your speed is under 10 MPH then it clicks back in to 1st gear. This happens until the car is warm them it seems to operate fine. One other thing is that every now and again the cr will not start. If I put the car in N then it will start up. Or I can rock the car back and forth and them try to start it and it starts right up. Stange?

Did you ever solve this? I have the exact same symptoms.  

erikhal erikhal
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/11
Posted: 05/25/11
06:02 PM

I have a 97 ford Taurus 3.0 OHV having transmission problems also. I was driving home today and suddenly lost all my forward gears but 1st. The vehicle will move through all the other gears fine and catch in each one (P,R,N,OD and D) but in D/OD the only gear I have is 1st and car will not go above 25 MPH. Change out neutral safety switch but that didn't help. Any thoughts???  

440t4 440t4
Guru | Posts: 1009 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 05/26/11
12:10 AM

You have to scan the computer for codes before you start changing more parts. Auto Zone will do it for free i think.or you can buy an obd2 code reader for 30 bucks.  

Prev |  1 |  2
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Ford Taurus
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com