Xml
Item Posts   

Too much?

| 
joela joela
Guru | Posts: 1514 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 04/21/06
06:24 AM

The newest sedans, especially luxury ones, are loaded with tech. But has it reached the point of the ridiculous? A review of the Acura RL pointed to constant probs from the sunroof/window getting stuck to the advance keyless system accidently left on and draining the battery. Then there are the electronic "nannies" in Lexus and Toyota vehicles that constantly lower their ratings among enthusiasts. And don't get me started about iDrive and its copycats like COMAND.

Is there a point where electronics becomes a hindrance than an aid?  

automotivejtm-#001 automotivejtm-#001
Guru | Posts: 1019 | Joined: 03/06
08:06 AM

I feel these electronics will only become a hindrance if these problems are not resolved.  Technological advances in electronics are placed in car to aid our comfort and convenience. Once all the bugs are worked out they will be a welcomed commodity.  

joela joela
Guru | Posts: 1514 | Joined: 03/06
11:23 AM

nah. more the better. i think people just dont read the manuals. its easy once you read and practice a while.  

Carletti Carletti
New User | Posts: 46 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 11/26/06
03:58 AM

To answer this question, I think it really depends on who you are.  I like cars because they are cars and, therefore, all these technological "advancements," new features for comfort, and gimmicks just make the car an appliance.  I say this in a cynical tone because, where I stand, the people who buy a car because it practically carries an Apple computer onboard have, in essence, no real claim to their enjoyment of the car because of its traditional laurels.  I don't need a back rub from the seats while I'm driving.  Nor do I require a car to park itself or to drive itself.  Instead, I like to drive.  I like to test the engineering and the performance capabilities of an automobile.  However, if you do require your bottom to be heated and cooled, an overweight Lincoln Navigator or a lifeless Lexus ES 350, respectively, is your car.  

4wheelandbry 4wheelandbry
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 11/06/12
07:13 PM

I believe these features, in-car entertainments and the like to provide extra driving pleasure and comfort. But I prefer my car not to be too complicated. It's the engine or the internal aspect of my car, how to maximize its fuel efficiency, and how safe and comfortable my driving would be are my topnotch priorities.  

henry.budd henry.budd
Enthusiast | Posts: 260 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 11/15/12
10:10 PM

I think no...nowadays technology is so advance that it can't become hindrance for us. Our life would stand still without having technical support in our daily activities... Smile  
www.newusedcarssacramento.com

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2012 Acura RL
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating:
Above Average Above Average

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com