Xml
Item Posts   

Subaru Vs. Toyota

| 
jching jching
Administrator | Posts: 271 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 08/01/06
05:17 AM

My dad is looking to buy a new car, and he's looking into a small SUV or something that has a little more room since we've spent the last 15 years driving things like Honda Civics and Toyota Celicas.  Originally he was looking into something along the lines of a Toyota RAV4 or a Honda CRV or maybe a Toyota highlander.  He did have some interest in a Subaru like a Forrestor or the Legacy but then he went back to looking at either the Toyota or the Honda.  The thing that put him off the most was the miles per gallon and the the price for replacement parts for a Subaru.  I was just wondering if its true in both areas that Subarus have less miles per gallon and a greater costs in replacement parts.  

h3nry h3nry
Enthusiast | Posts: 441 | Joined: 04/06
05:35 AM

i'm pretty sure subaru is a generally more expensive brand, i noticed when i was on the subaru website that they actually don't get the best MPG either.  if you're dad is looking for better fuel economy and more affordable repairs you might want to stick with the toyota or honda.  

AutomotiveJC AutomotiveJC
Enthusiast | Posts: 372 | Joined: 05/06
06:03 AM

besides eating gas Subarus eat oil as well. However, I really think the new Subaru Legacy is a piece of modern design that is superior to the ordinary Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.  

h3nry h3nry
Enthusiast | Posts: 441 | Joined: 04/06
06:13 AM

yea i like the new legacy too, though i wouldn't brush off the 07 camry either.  

AutomotiveJC AutomotiveJC
Enthusiast | Posts: 372 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 08/03/06
07:06 AM

Fully loaded at around $30k, the Subaru Legacy would be a sportier choice while the Camry is a more comfortable and definitely more reliable ride. I would choose the Legacy because of its all wheel drive comparing to Camry's front wheel drive.  

MKIV MKIV
Enthusiast | Posts: 404 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 08/03/06
08:13 AM

wut about an Avalon?  

jching jching
Administrator | Posts: 271 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 08/04/06
02:36 AM

My dad really has his heart set on an SUV.  

Mike7HB Mike7HB
User | Posts: 54 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/29/06
04:28 AM

They are both good quality cars so its really all up to personal preference if you ask me.  

automotivedp automotivedp
Enthusiast | Posts: 484 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 08/29/06
06:08 AM

i really dont think subaru is more expensive than toyota.  there has to be specific models in mind.  your also comparing wagons vs suvs.  a proper comparison would be with the B9 Tribeca.  

and PS, my subaru doesnt burn oil, and gets over 20 mpg (its also modded)  

eightynine eightynine
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/25/06
02:34 AM

Subarus are really great cars but they tend to cost more than the Honda/Toyota. If your dad is very concerned about getting the best deal for his money, he may want the newly redesigned Honda CRV. I'm not the CRV type, but the new design is impressive.  

brianBLD brianBLD
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 07/20/07
08:30 AM

Yea I have an older CRV and looking to get the new one....their pretty sweet.  
I want to win one of these babies some day
http://mainiacraffle.com

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com